latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Shopping cart alternative?…

Home Forums Community Forum Shopping cart alternative?…

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Shawn Barry 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Sep 19th, 2012 at 9:45 pm #25871

I know there’s currently no shopping cart add-on or option with s2member – hopefully you’re working on that. In the meantime, I sell DVDs on my site, and now that s2member has taken over managing transactions from CCBill, what can I do as a work-around to sell a physical item that will be mailed out?

I’ve never implemented a shopping cart before, but I know of an open source SC that has a CCBill module. If I try to set this up, I feel like user management becomes an issue, since it’s turned off at CCBill for the sake of s2member functionality.

Ideas?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Sep 20th, 2012 at 7:46 am #25915

Hi Shawn.

Well, you could sell a custom capability that corresponds to the DVD, and when someone buys that you ship a copy to him. Video » s2Member (Custom Capabilities)

You could have a notification send you emails, and then in your email account have a filter for that ccap to alert you in some way. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Notifications -› Payment Notifications[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Sep 20th, 2012 at 9:40 am #25947

Thanks Cristán, I’ll give that a try.

Posted: Friday Sep 21st, 2012 at 7:19 am #26032

Cool. :)

Posted: Friday Sep 21st, 2012 at 11:29 am #26055

There’s seems to be no way I can set a price without granting site access. In this case, the DVD purchase is separate from site membership. Not the solution I need.

Since I had to set up a separate sub-account with CCBill to manage hard-purchases, I suppose there would be no conflict with user management. I’ll proceed with the shopping cart and see if I hit a road-block.

Posted: Saturday Sep 22nd, 2012 at 6:59 am #26103

There’s seems to be no way I can set a price without granting site access. In this case, the DVD purchase is separate from site membership. Not the solution I need.

I’m very sorry, I had not understood that you didn’t want to require an account registration. In that case, you can sell a Specific Post/Page, which won’t require the person to register. Video » s2Member (Specific Posts/Pages)

Since I had to set up a separate sub-account with CCBill to manage hard-purchases, I suppose there would be no conflict with user management. I’ll proceed with the shopping cart and see if I hit a road-block.

Oh, cool. I hope that works fine then. Let us know how it goes. :)

Posted: Saturday Sep 22nd, 2012 at 12:22 pm #26123

The individual post-page wasn’t the answer either, because it’s not a download. It’s a physical DVD disk. I was able to create the shopping cart using the open source oscommerce shopping cart with the CCBill module. It was a little hairy at first for someone without a lot of php experience, but it seems to be easier than I had originally thought. So, with some customizing and styling yet to come, for now, the shopping cart works. Thanks.

Posted: Sunday Sep 23rd, 2012 at 6:25 am #26166

I’m glad that worked then. :)

The individual post-page wasn’t the answer either, because it’s not a download.

Yeah, I understood that, but you could still sell it and the page have instructions, thank-you, upsells or whatever, while you send the DVD physically. Was the closest I had to suggest for your need with s2Member. The cart is better for physical goods, though, I’m glad you could integrate it with the same ccBill account.

Posted: Monday Sep 24th, 2012 at 9:24 am #26301

They require a separate sub-account for goods. It’s actually possible they would have taken issue with my using the same account for both – something I didn’t think about until later. Any new service, site or content-type, they review it like a new account and add a specific sub-account once approved. VISA has to keep re-approving it as well. Anyone thinking of using this solution might best check with CCBill first. I had already been approved for the DVD goods sub-account. Not sure what would have happened if I’d tried the other way.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by  Shawn Barry.
Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.