latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Shopping cart recommendation alongside s2M

Home Forums Community Forum Shopping cart recommendation alongside s2M

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  loosefast 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Feb 28th, 2012 at 10:56 pm #6711
cassel
Username: cassel

I have s2M installed and running, using ccaps and conditionals. That is all going well. However, i know that s2M has its limitation if i want part of the site to have the feel of a “shopping” area with a shopping cart where someone can add various digital products, that are NOT covered by s2M. Is there one wp-plugin you might recommend for a shopping cart that can work nicely alongside s2M and at least give an overall “integrated look”.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Mar 1st, 2012 at 11:34 pm #6945
Staff Member

Not related to support for our products. Moving this into our Community Forum so you’ll have a chance to see differing opinions. In the mean time, you might take a look at WP E-commerce. See: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-e-commerce/

Posted: Friday Mar 2nd, 2012 at 6:14 am #7043
cassel

Hum… yes and no in a way. Would any shopping cart user be automatically registered as a Level 0 member for s2M?

Posted: Friday Mar 2nd, 2012 at 4:45 pm #7104

That’ll depend on how the cart works, if it requires the person to register or not to purchase. If they register in WordPress for that, the default role will be Subscriber, which is equivalent to s2Member’s Level 0.

If the cart is served by WP, then you can control access to it using the URI restriction.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Friday Mar 2nd, 2012 at 6:15 pm #7112
cassel

Thanks Christian. That is what i wanted to know (of course, if one had a specific good suggestion to use that level 0 “feature” it would be even better) :)

Posted: Friday Mar 2nd, 2012 at 7:39 pm #7120

What do you mean? Why it would be a good thing to require them to register at Level 0 in order to buy?

Posted: Friday Mar 2nd, 2012 at 10:15 pm #7137
cassel

Simply so that i could give some conditional access to paying customers, whether they purchase a membership through s2M or through a shopping cart.

Posted: Friday Mar 2nd, 2012 at 10:39 pm #7139

Ah, well, you can use the conditional with the user’s role, regardles of what gave that role to the user.

Posted: Saturday Mar 3rd, 2012 at 1:28 am #7152
cassel

Oh.. never thought of that! Something to look into. Thanks

Posted: Saturday Mar 3rd, 2012 at 3:14 am #7156

You’re welcome. :)

Posted: Wednesday May 30th, 2012 at 9:13 am #14930
loosefast
Username: loosefast

I too am interested in integration between s2Member and a WP shopping cart plugin. I am trying eShop. I am testing it with s2Member, showing the poduct to visitors, but hiding the Add to Cart button from non-members.

[s2If current_user_can(access_s2member_level1)]
[eshop_addtocart]
[/s2If]

Problems encountered so far are that eShop and s2Member seem to conflict in the automatic redirection to PayPal Standard (s2Member seems to have priority) and without integration between the two plugins, members have to enter their address and other info all over again when purchasing a product.

Hope this is useful to someone!

Posted: Thursday May 31st, 2012 at 5:59 am #15018

eShop and s2Member seem to conflict in the automatic redirection to PayPal Standard (s2Member seems to have priority) and without integration between the two plugins, members have to enter their address and other info all over again when purchasing a product.

What do you mean? If you show the add-to-cart button to Level 1 users only, that means that he already paid for the access before. Why would that checkout interfere with the shop’s? Could you explain a bit more what the problem is being? Thanks. :)

Posted: Sunday Jul 1st, 2012 at 1:52 pm #18034
loosefast
Username: loosefast

Yes, the eShop automatic redirect to PayPal does not work when s2 member is also installed and has a PayPal membership buy button active on the site. Let me know what other specific details you need.
thanks

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.