latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Shortcode of JWPLAYER 6 doesn't work

Home Forums Community Forum Shortcode of JWPLAYER 6 doesn't work

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Aug 21st, 2013 at 3:40 pm #56371
Marco Besler
Username: waytogo

I am not able to use the shortcode for JWPlayer. Either regular MP4 nor Streaming.
This not: [s2Stream player="jwplayer-v6" player_path="/jwplayer/jwplayer.js" file_download="video_cloud.mp4" rewrite="yes" /] for example. There is no player visible on the page I implemented it.

Already tried: http://www.s2member.com/kb/jwplayer-s2stream-shortcodes/#using-s2stream-shortcodes and read several threads.

I am using Amazon S3. No chance. Already copied jwplayer (Version 6.5) in the right path on the server and double checked the Amazon parameters for s2member.

I already tried a fresh installation WordPress 3.5.2 with s2member, woocommerce, buddyPress, bbPress (every plugin with the latest updates)

Amazon Cloudfront isn’t working either: If I enter the right parameters (distributions were deleted) I get the error message: “Unable to auto-configure Amazon® CloudFront Distributions.
Error code: 400. Error Message: Unable to update existing Amazon® S3 ACLs. Unable to update existing Amazon® S3 Bucket Policy. Bad Request”

With the php-code example I at least get the Amazon S3 version running but no streaming via Cloudfront.

Is there anybody who has installed JWPlayer 6.5 already and can tell me how things are working? Any help appreciated.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Aug 22nd, 2013 at 10:05 am #56445
Marco Besler

very very interesting. It is the inFocus theme which causes the problem that either streaming nor shortcode doesn’t work. I thought you guys here use the same theme and you recommend this theme. With the Twenty Twelve everything works.

So looking forward for a solution for this theme

Posted: Thursday Aug 22nd, 2013 at 10:10 am #56446
Marco Besler

Solved it with this hint:

“Try surrounding the shortcode with tags”

Why isn’t that documented somewhere is the question.

Posted: Thursday Aug 22nd, 2013 at 11:36 am #56450
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

~ Thank you for your inquiry.

I’m not sure why this isn’t documented anywhere. We do indeed use the inFocus theme here on s2Member.com but perhaps we’ve gotten so accustomed to using the raw tags on every page that we overlooked the fact that they might actually be necessary for some of the shortcodes to work.

I’ll go ahead and make sure this gets updated in the documentation. Thank you very much for sharing the solution here! If there’s anything else we can help with, please do let us know.

Posted: Thursday Aug 22nd, 2013 at 1:20 pm #56453
Marco Besler

Yes, I can imagine that if you are deeply in programming you sometimes loose the view for the simple things which made me crazy for several days. I have very much plugins installed and it isn’t easy to switch everything off, the theme included to find the error. So this thread might help others searching for a solution.

Here you will find all the hints to this theme but that this solves my issue wasn’t quite clear:
http://mysitemyway.com/docs/index.php/General_Troubleshooting_Guide

Posted: Friday Aug 23rd, 2013 at 10:55 am #56548
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member
@waytogo

Yes, I can imagine that if you are deeply in programming you sometimes loose the view for the simple things which made me crazy for several days. I have very much plugins installed and it isn’t easy to switch everything off, the theme included to find the error. So this thread might help others searching for a solution.

Here you will find all the hints to this theme but that this solves my issue wasn’t quite clear:
http://mysitemyway.com/docs/index.php/General_Troubleshooting_Guide

Thanks again, Marco. I’ve confirmed that a note about this will be added to the next s2Member maintenance release.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.