latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Sidebar Registration

Home Forums Community Forum Sidebar Registration

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Feb 27th, 2012 at 5:32 pm #6583
Randy King
Username: RandyKing

I am developing a page on my site that is a “squeeze” format; i.e., there’s an introductory video and then the call to action is to register by “…filling out the form on the right”.

I would like to have people register at the S2 FREE level with this call to action, and I would like to keep them right on the same page as the video.

Consequently, it would be great to have a sidebar registration widget to make this happen. I see in the old Primo forums that there is discussion of a login/register widget that comes with the pro version. Would this fit my needs and, if so, where do I find that plugin?

If this would not fit my needs, what might you guys suggest for this?

Thanks!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Feb 27th, 2012 at 5:46 pm #6585
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member
Posted: Monday Feb 27th, 2012 at 8:46 pm #6610
Randy King

Thanks, Raam – Yes, this is the post that I had found earlier. However, it’s a LOGIN form, not a REGISTRATION form, and since I am attempting to register someone from a call to action, I don’t want to make them click through to yet another form to register. I would like to have an actual REGISTRATION form sitting there and, possibly, a login link in case they just need to log in.

Is that a clearer explanation?

Randy

Posted: Monday Feb 27th, 2012 at 9:15 pm #6618
Randy King

**UPDATE**

I created a Pro Registration Form at the free level and put the shortcode on the page to the right of the video. All is well, but I would like to style the form some – remove extra white space, change the textbox styles, etc.

Is there a place that I can insert CSS for this form to get it to look the way I want it to?

Randy

Posted: Tuesday Feb 28th, 2012 at 2:05 am #6645
Staff Member

Hi Randy, thanks for your inquiry.

Generally speaking, CSS should be applied at the theme level, either through the style.css file for your WordPress theme, or with a configurable option in your Dashboard, which is provided by some themes, usually referred to as “enter Custom CSS here”, or something similar.

You’ll want to have a look at your theme and see if it offers such an option. If so, I’d suggest using that. If not, look in your theme directory and find the style.css file instead :-)

This FAQ may also be of interest to you, in case you’d like to disable s2Member’s default CSS.
Pre Sale FAQs » How can I prevent s2Member® Pro from loading it’s default CSS?

Posted: Tuesday Feb 28th, 2012 at 10:59 am #6670
Randy King

Hey, Jason – thanks!

Yes, I sure do have a way to install custom CSS into the theme; I was looking more for the IDs and CLASSes that are used by the pro forms – I have an HTML inspect plugin for firefox and I can see some of this, but there are multiple class declarations on each label and textbox. It’s usually not the best way to “back-in” to the CSS, but it sometimes works. I will take a look at what you referred to and keep working it. When I come up with a solution, I’ll post something as I’m sure others may want to tweak the look and feel of the forms to fit in.

Thanks again,
Randy

Posted: Wednesday Feb 29th, 2012 at 11:55 pm #6861
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up.
I’m just posting a reference to another thread here where we addressed some of this for you.
http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/feature-request-css-for-pro-login-form/#post-6857

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.