latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Sign-up Confirmation email for free Sign-up

Home Forums Community Forum Sign-up Confirmation email for free Sign-up

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Nov 19th, 2012 at 5:35 am #31958

Hi Guys, I am just wondering if there is anyway to make s2member send sign-up confirmation email whenever someone signs-up through the “free registration form”?

Thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Nov 19th, 2012 at 12:04 pm #31991
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello William,

Currently there’s not official confirmation email, however there is a work around. If you don’t let the users choose their own password, they will be sent an email with a password, and that email can be the confirmation email.

You can edit that email under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Email Configuration and choose “Yes ( Customize New User Emails with s2Member )”

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Monday Nov 19th, 2012 at 12:08 pm #31994

Hi, they already receive email with the password but the problem is that I want them to receive two emails as in when someone goes for the paid subscription. Is there some specific file which is responsible for the free registration for so that I can edit and add whatever functionality I want ( like sending more emails )?

Thanks for your help!

Posted: Monday Nov 19th, 2012 at 3:14 pm #32006
Eduan
Username: Eduan

I’m afraid I’m not sure what file you are referring to (don’t know what that file would be)… :/

Sorry I can’t help you any more than I have. :(

– Eduan

Posted: Tuesday Nov 20th, 2012 at 9:29 am #32092

William, the signup confirmation email only gets sent to paying new customers. If you need to send other emails to a new user on registration, you could use a list server integration (e.g. MailChimp, AWeber) and have the email sent from there. Video » s2Member (API List Servers)

Posted: Wednesday Nov 21st, 2012 at 6:39 am #32228

I need more more control so I’d rather code it myself. So I am just want to find out which is responsible for sending emails when a “free registration” is processed?

Thanks

Posted: Wednesday Nov 21st, 2012 at 8:55 pm #32296
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi William,

Those would be the default emails that WordPress itself sends, not s2Member. You might want to start here for a few ideas on how you can customize those emails.

Posted: Thursday Nov 22nd, 2012 at 4:06 am #32313

it turns out that the file I needed is: s2member->includes->classes->email-configs.inc.php

Thanks for your support!

Posted: Friday Nov 23rd, 2012 at 1:28 pm #32431
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Thank you for the update, William! Glad to hear you found what you were looking for. :)

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.