latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Signup confirmation email not sending

Home Forums Community Forum Signup confirmation email not sending

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Jun 17th, 2012 at 3:24 pm #16735

Hi, I have a feeling I have missed something very obvious.

I have the pro version of S2 but only using the standard paypal buttons.

I have free registration enabled and upon new account I get an email confirmation. But if I upgrade that account to a paid level or take out a paid level straight away I’m not getting any emails either for user or admin.

I have the WP-mail-smtp plugin using gmail account, that all fine. I have also added the email log plugin but I just get a blank screen with that, so no clues.

Are there any other steps that I need to check that might be causing the issue? Any pointer would be very much appreciated.

Tim

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jun 19th, 2012 at 4:47 am #16843

Hi Tim.

Is the account actually being upgraded after checkout? Does the user get the paid access or not?

Are you using the PayPal Sandbox? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details -› Sandbox[/hilite]

Could you please enable logging and show me the log entries for a transaction with this problem, from all the log files. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details -› Logging[/hilite]

You can test if there’s a plugin causing the problem: deactivate other plugins one by one and test after each from another browser where you’re not logged in as the admin. Use live 1 cent transactions, not the Sandbox.

Let me know how it goes. :)

Posted: Monday Jun 25th, 2012 at 5:01 am #17353

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, looks like this was a completely unrelated issue with my exchange email. All seems to be working well, thanks for getting back to me though.

Posted: Monday Jun 25th, 2012 at 5:06 pm #17412

Great! Thanks for the update. I’m glad you sorted it out. :)

Posted: Monday Jul 2nd, 2012 at 3:44 am #18067

As a slight continuation of this, when I get a new member register for my free (level 0) free membership all is fine and I get my notification.

If a user goes straight in and takes out a paid membership I get an email from paypal but don’t seem to be getting anything else from my site. I would ideally like to get a email confirming registration and username and maybe membership level. Should this be happening? I would have expected it and hoping its an area I’ve missed.

Also is there anyway of customising an upgrade/renewal email that is sent out after a member renews or upgrades from the free membership (those emails I am getting).

Thanks again
Tim

Posted: Tuesday Jul 3rd, 2012 at 4:16 am #18138
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Tim,

Please see my replies below:

If a user goes straight in and takes out a paid membership I get an email from paypal but don’t seem to be getting anything else from my site. I would ideally like to get a email confirming registration and username and maybe membership level. Should this be happening? I would have expected it and hoping its an area I’ve missed.

If users are signing up using a Pro-Form that you generated from Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms, then you should receive the same registration notification email that you get for free signups (that new user registration email comes from WordPress itself — it’s not something that s2Member sends).

If users are signing up using a PayPal Button (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Membership Level # Buttons), then the user is sent an email after purchase which contains a link where they can actually create their account and register. You won’t receive the new user registration email until they click that link in their email and register on your site.

In either case, if you think you should be receiving an email but you’re not, I recommend reading Knowledge Base » Troubleshooting Email Delivery Problems and installing the recommended plugins, including the WP Email Log plugin which will allow you to see what emails WordPress is sending.

Also is there anyway of customising an upgrade/renewal email that is sent out after a member renews or upgrades from the free membership (those emails I am getting).

Please see these two links for more information on modifying s2Member emails:

http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10368&p=33365#p33365
http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16143&p=54346#p54346

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.