latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Signup Confirmation Emails not being sent

Home Forums Community Forum Signup Confirmation Emails not being sent

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Jan 24th, 2013 at 2:59 pm #39435

Hello,

I had this all up and running with my PayPal account for testing purposes — all working fine. Then I changed to my client’s PayPal account and stopped getting Signup Confirmation Emails. I changed back to my PayPal account and still nothing.

The only other things I’ve changed are the ‘Email From Name’ and the ‘Email From Address’ in Email Configuration. This is because I’ve set up new email accounts in CPanel with my host.

Any ideas?

Ps… I have Email Log installed with nothing showing.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by  Jamie Leeming.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Jan 24th, 2013 at 4:53 pm #39446

Ok, I’ve found the cause of problem, although, not a fix… it works when I use my normal email address in ‘Email From Address:’ in the ‘Email Configuration’ panel but as soon as I change that email address the Signup Confirmation Emails don’t get sent.

Any ideas?

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by  Jamie Leeming.
Posted: Friday Jan 25th, 2013 at 12:14 am #39479
Joe Raciti
Username: jraciti1

I am having a similar problem. I contacted Go Daddy, my host, and they told me that I can’t send emails from within my site from a free email address (I was using gmail). We changed my email to one provided by Go Daddy (@joeraciti.com address) and ran a test. The Go Daddy support person had updated my @joeraciti.com email address to send a copy to my gmail address and when we ran the test I did in fact receive an email. However, when I tried to purchase a membership using a friend’s paypal account, my friend never received a confirmation email with login details and instead was sent to a page on my site at (joeraciti.com/?s2member_paypal_return=1) – actually, there was a bunch of other stuff after that link but I get the same page when I just plug that in. The page that I see is:

[ joeraciti.com ] says…

Thank you! ( you MUST check your email before proceeding ).

* Note: It can take ( up to 15 minutes ) for Email Confirmation with important details. If you don’t receive email confirmation in the next 15 minutes, please contact Support.

Back To Home Page

If you need assistance, please contact support

I installed the server checker file that I found linked to in another s2member forum and ran the server check test in Google Chrome. I copied the output into a notepad file. You can read that here: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B71IVUXzSG2JVXBZVEs5b1BkSk0/edit

Thank you kindly.

– Joe

Posted: Tuesday Jan 29th, 2013 at 7:04 pm #39941
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

@Joe

I installed the server checker file that I found linked to in another s2member forum and ran the server check test in Google Chrome. I copied the output into a notepad file. You can read that here: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B71IVUXzSG2JVXBZVEs5b1BkSk0/edit

This is not a Server Test Results page. You should upload the file who’s contents are here to your webserver, and then navigate to that file in your browser to see results.

Could you please do that and let us know what comes up there?

Posted: Tuesday Jan 29th, 2013 at 9:57 pm #39957
Joe Raciti
Username: jraciti1

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for getting back to me. The report says I passed on all the scans. You can see the result here:

http://joeraciti.com/s2Member-check-my-server.php

I think I remember the Go Daddy representative saying I had already maximized my memory allowance.

– Joe

Posted: Friday Feb 1st, 2013 at 4:27 pm #40306
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank-you for the follow-up.

Could you please send us your details through our Private Contact Form so we can take a look at your installation?

Thank-you

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.