latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

simple approach to subscriber modifications?

Home Forums Community Forum simple approach to subscriber modifications?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Mar 21st, 2013 at 11:09 pm #45429
Lesley Austin
Username: lesley

After lots of research and a conversation with Bruce, I have some specific questions…

-If the Pro Forms for subscriber modifications automatically cancel the original Paypal agreement and go with the new one (which I read in a few places), do the Buttons do the same thing? Trying to avoid the complication of using the Pro forms with Paypal Standard and needing Express Checkout and changing short codes and all of that.

-It would seem from what I read that a Buy Now button (for a year, say) is easier to manage in the long run than a recurring subscription (for a year) with EOT and such. Is that so?

I really need to go into the weekend able to sort out how to easily offer what I described here:

http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/subscriber-modification-help/

A week later, and no concrete help. So many of us are struggling with using s2member. I wonder if you have ever considered a different approach to support? One that might include a translator between technical geek-speak and we less-technically minded folks who are creating communities on the web?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Mar 24th, 2013 at 6:13 pm #45607
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

-If the Pro Forms for subscriber modifications automatically cancel the original Paypal agreement and go with the new one (which I read in a few places), do the Buttons do the same thing? Trying to avoid the complication of using the Pro forms with Paypal Standard and needing Express Checkout and changing short codes and all of that.

Yes, all Subscription Modification Buttons and Pro Forms will overwrite the original PayPal Subscription.

-It would seem from what I read that a Buy Now button (for a year, say) is easier to manage in the long run than a recurring subscription (for a year) with EOT and such. Is that so?

This really depends on what you’re hoping to accomplish. Buy Now transactions do not require you to activate DPRP on your PayPal Account (which isn’t free). However, Users will not be automatically charged at the end of their agreement, and will need to extend access time manually.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.