latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Simple Guide To Streaming Video on S2Member

Home Forums Community Forum Simple Guide To Streaming Video on S2Member

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Echomango 3 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Sep 23rd, 2013 at 6:25 pm #59783

What are the simplest steps to streaming a video on S2Member/Amazon installation? I have watched the videos here and searched but cannot find the answer. Here’s my steps please tell me what I am doing wrong?

1. Upload video to Amazon S3 Bucket using unique and simple bucket name (eg. s2member)
2. Grab Amazon S3 URL for the video and stick it direct on a page (note. that with a public licence set on S3 I can view the video, so I know it’s all working as expected at this point).
3. Configure S2Member for Amazon AND cloudfront and get it to auto create the distro
4. Everything fine and I can see the new distro
5. Remove the Public licence from my video on S3
6. Video does not play

Where did I go wrong?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Sep 24th, 2013 at 6:35 am #59798

I am not sure what others think, but since I am having no luck with this, I think YouTube is probably the simplest answer. But if anyone has ever got this to work, it would be great to hear. Thank you.

Posted: Wednesday Sep 25th, 2013 at 6:17 pm #59882
Echomango
Username: echomango

Hi Quentin – I am more a novice at this but have gotten video to play on S2 and Amazon S3. One of the things that stumped me in the beginning was that I needed to make each file “public” before it would play. I notice you said that you had “remove the public license” and I am not sure just what that means but if I were you I would go to the amazon account and be sure that the vids have been made public. You can click on the “Action” tab and one of the options is to make public. I hope that is of some help to you but if I am completely off base perhaps it will stimulate someone much more knowledgable than myself to come in and give you a hand.

Good luck

Tom

Posted: Wednesday Sep 25th, 2013 at 6:33 pm #59883

Hey Tom, thanks so much for replying.

I presumed that making it public would break the protection?

May I ask do you use some kind of player or just the raw Amazon URL?

And finally, if just the URL, which one did you use? S3 or Cloudfront?

This is where I am really stumped.

Thanks again.

Posted: Wednesday Sep 25th, 2013 at 9:00 pm #59888
Echomango

Hi Quentin – I use amazon s3 and also use the JW Pro Player. Actually one of the reasons I came back here to check in was to see if a poster named Philly was around. I wated to thank him for the huge amount of help he gave many of us a while back. You might want to search the forum for Philly video or something like that and find those threads. He wrote short codes for putting video up and it is very, very simple. Here is an example of what a page looks like:

[s2playlist size=”1″ width=”640″ height=”360″ playlistsize=”01″ playlistthumbs=”false” playlistposition=”right” video1=”1ritual623.mp4″ html5=”true” download=”true” image1=”http://mysite.com/wp-content/uploads/more/gcr.jpg” title1=”Actions – Introduction” desc1=”. (Click description to play) 2:51“]

Philly! If you are out there, MANY THANKS!

Let me know if you have questions Quentin.

tom

Posted: Wednesday Sep 25th, 2013 at 9:23 pm #59890

Tom, this is excellent, so it looks like you only need the video file name, and S2 takes care of the path. If that’s right, then it’s brilliant. I will give it a go when I get back from a conference I am attending over the next couple of days. Thanks again.

Posted: Wednesday Sep 25th, 2013 at 9:43 pm #59891
Echomango

Good Quentin. Just be sure to remember to get the plugin titled “s2Member Video Shortcodes.” That’s the one I am using…there may be an update for it, I just don’t know. Just download and activate the plugin and you can use those short codes. You might want to search for Phillys instructions on how to use it. Here’s a link to one of the old threads

https://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/s2member-video-shortcodes/

Anyone out there use voicethread with S2?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.