latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Single user, bulk purchase : Possible?

Home Forums Community Forum Single user, bulk purchase : Possible?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  MemberJamarda 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Apr 15th, 2013 at 4:22 pm #47518

Hello,

I need complete s2member functionality with following requirement:

I need to be able to offer a coupon code for a free signup that gives a full discount. Also, I need to be able to limit the number of times that is used.

We have clients that may purchase 100+ licenses at a time, but will pay with single purchase order. When we receive and process the purchase order, I can then give them their coupon code to sign up for 100 licenses on our site.

So 100 licenses are paid for and distributed to 100 people in the client’s office. Those 100 people will get the coupon code that will allow them to come to our site, sign up and then not have to pay for access to the manual. If they can’t have the same email, then that’s fine.

(For example from end user, I pay the admin for 100 users. I need a way for the user to put in a coupon code that allows full access for free (using the code) but can only be used 100 times.)

I don’t see this in the S2Member documentation or the videos.

If I don’t have an option from dashboard for this, let me know and guide for customizations. Which files are to be edited, will that code stay unaffected if I do s2member upgrade or something in future? Or in what way else I can achieve my requirement?

Any immediate help is appreciated. I am in urgency. Please resolve this

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Apr 15th, 2013 at 10:18 pm #47571
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

Currently this is not possible with s2Member. It’s possible you could set up some external code to provide access to Free Registration Forms for Users that buy bulk membership on your site, but we do not have any documentation on it.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Free Registration Forms

Posted: Wednesday Apr 17th, 2013 at 9:34 am #47668

Hey Bruce,

Thanks for your immediate response.

I have tried something like this…
1. I design and store the coupon code using s2member coupon code dashboard feature.
2. I will provide a link to bulk purchaser who in turn forwards the same link through mail to his group. People from that group will click the link to get the free sign up page. Other users have paid membership feature as well. (link is made up of url which holds, “?s2p-coupon=mycouponcode” as query string)
3. Done a small piece of custom to get the coupon code as conditionlj for free sign up form. Things work fine till this, now I need to limit the access. I mean, I need to generate a coupon with number of usage attribute. This is not the default feature. But can u guide me to achieve this? (Again a little part of customizing is ok. But guide me where and how to do)

By the ways, I found the following hint in dashboard coupon code generation page.

“If you want to offer something 100% free, please use a Free Registration Form instead.
Either that, or you can offer a Free Trial Period in your Shortcode.”
“However, s2Member WILL allow the (ta) Trial Amount to be discounted all the way down to $0.00.”

I m using free registration form method now. But I m willing to use most of the default functionality without or minimum custom. What about

“Free Trial Period in your Shortcode”

How would this help me?
Can u show some examples for giving 100% free through trial period mode?
Please help me, I m really struck and need to meet this requirement

Posted: Wednesday Apr 17th, 2013 at 11:36 pm #47723
Bruce
Staff Member

“HOWEVER, S2MEMBER WILL ALLOW THE (TA) TRIAL AMOUNT TO BE DISCOUNTED ALL THE WAY DOWN TO $0.00.”

s2Member is saying here that you can allow for a Free Trial period. However, you can’t base a subscription on the Trial Amount. PayPal requires that a transaction be for $0.01 or higher.

Can u show some examples for giving 100% free through trial period mode?
Please help me, I m really struck and need to meet this requirement

This Knowledge Base Article goes over giving Users access to a 100% free coupon code.

See: Knowledge Base » Offering a Free Coupon Code (100% Discount)

Things work fine till this, now I need to limit the access. I mean, I need to generate a coupon with number of usage attribute. This is not the default feature. But can u guide me to achieve this? (Again a little part of customizing is ok. But guide me where and how to do)

s2Member doesn’t let you specify a number of times a coupon can be used. I’ll take this as a feature request.

Currently all you can do to limit the use of a Coupon Code is limit the amount of time that it can be used. That being said, that won’t matter when you’re using the Knowledge Base article I linked, as it’s checking the coupon code directly, before s2Member gets to it. You’ll have to set this up outside of s2Member, perhaps by updating a database entry every time it’s used.

Posted: Thursday Apr 18th, 2013 at 6:07 am #47763

Hi Bruce,

Thanks again.

So…

“HOWEVER, S2MEMBER WILL ALLOW THE (TA) TRIAL AMOUNT TO BE DISCOUNTED ALL THE WAY DOWN TO $0.00”

: So in no ways this is going to help me, am I right? Also, can you show me a sample pro form code which has a 100% Free Trial Period? (I have tried from my end, but all I get is ‘User authentication failed.’ error)How to include coupon feature in such a free trial period form?

“See: Knowledge Base » Offering a Free Coupon Code (100% Discount)”

: Yeah, I have checked this and the same done for now.

“You’ll have to set this up outside of s2Member, perhaps by updating a database entry every time it’s used.”

: I ll look into this. I understand that I need to trigger an action related to coupon code and update the DB, whenever any s2member gets registered. Can you guide me in what way, I can achieve this?

I understand that I have asked so many questions here, but all I need is a solution because site is almost all live. Thanks in advance

Posted: Thursday Apr 18th, 2013 at 10:58 pm #47825
Bruce
Staff Member

So in no ways this is going to help me, am I right?

Yeah this isn’t going to help you in this situation.

Also, can you show me a sample pro form code which has a 100% Free Trial Period? (I have tried from my end, but all I get is ‘User authentication failed.’ error)How to include coupon feature in such a free trial period form?

A Pro Form with a Free Trial will have a ta attribute with the value of 0 or 0.00.

: I ll look into this. I understand that I need to trigger an action related to coupon code and update the DB, whenever any s2member gets registered. Can you guide me in what way, I can achieve this?

Not really, this is outside of the scope of what s2Member’s making possible. I can tell you that you’ll want to use the update_user_option() function, though.

See: http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/update_user_option

Posted: Friday Apr 19th, 2013 at 8:00 am #47865

Oh I see.
I ll look into that. Thanks Bruce!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.