latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Site Pre-launch and membership

Home Forums Community Forum Site Pre-launch and membership

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Mar 29th, 2013 at 8:07 pm #46114
Jay W
Username: jaycw7

Hey guys

I am in pre launch mode right now and am going to be accepting membership to my site at a very low price. Public access my site is blocked with a coming soon page and therefore, I am wondering how it will work with members and membership.

Since my site of blocked, people cannot access the membership sign up page. It seems to me that the only way I can do this is to accept payment a document each members membership details (duration, level, expiry etc) and then manually add members once it is open to the public. I really do not want to do all of that and I suspect there has to be a work around but as a rookie in this space, I am unaware of one.

Any suggestions?

Can I create a subdomain of my site (Ex: http://www.signup.mysite.com) and attach s2m to it, then just do a bulk transfer?

Thanks in advance!

Jay

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Mar 29th, 2013 at 11:47 pm #46120
cassel
Username: cassel

Could you still not have, on your “coming soon” page, a button to purchase anyway with a mention like “I want to be in line to enter”?

Posted: Saturday Mar 30th, 2013 at 2:52 pm #46156
Jay W
Username: jaycw7

I could as long as members will be added to the s2m system. If I can do that, then that would be perfect.

What I don’t want to have to do is manually add each member once the site is active or as members get added, add them on the back end.

Thanks

Posted: Saturday Mar 30th, 2013 at 3:04 pm #46158
cassel
Username: cassel

If you put a button created inside the s2M, it would have all the settings to get those members directly into your s2M database. It should work just as intended.

Posted: Sunday Mar 31st, 2013 at 8:56 am #46198

Hi Jay.

So, basically, you want to have members register themselves instead of you having to add them manually?

If they’re free registrations, you could use the free registration pro-form. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Free Registration Forms[/hilite]

If you want to make it simpler, with just username and email address, you can remove custom passwords and first/last names. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields[/hilite]

Does that help?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.