latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Skip confirmation question

Home Forums Community Forum Skip confirmation question

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Apr 22nd, 2013 at 7:43 am #48086
JAMES HALL
Username: jhall_3rd

I can’t seem to get ths download confirmation to work in links written like this:

<a>test shortcode</a>

nor,

<a href='http://www.semantica-portuguese.com/wp-content/plugins/s2member-files/access-s2member-ccap-grammar/affirmations.webm&amp;s2member_skip_confirmation'>test shortcode</a>

I’m guessing it’s the data-target parameter that somehow breaks the url… (it’s a lightbox plugin). Does anyone have any ideas on getting this to work?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Apr 22nd, 2013 at 7:45 pm #48132
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue.

Does taking out the data-target attribute fix the issue? s2Member should always show download confirmation unless specified otherwise.

Posted: Wednesday Apr 24th, 2013 at 8:47 am #48282
JAMES HALL

…. yes it does. The attribute is for a lightbox script. I also set the inline extensions to alway play this type of video inline (webm)….. but s2m still pops-up the download conf mssg.

THe only thing that suppresses it is implementing the global s2hacks.php file (muplugins). Any idea of how i might fool s2member into thinking it’s ok to play the file w/o confirmation?

Posted: Wednesday Apr 24th, 2013 at 10:45 pm #48320
Bruce
Staff Member

…. yes it does. The attribute is for a lightbox script. I also set the inline extensions to alway play this type of video inline (webm)….. but s2m still pops-up the download conf mssg.

Thanks for the info. It sounds like your player might be clipping some information off of the URL or something wonky is going on between your lightbox and s2Member. I’d recommend trying to use the mod-rewrite version of the file URLs, which you can find here:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Download Options -› Advanced Mod-Rewrite Linkage

If it still does not work then, post a link to the page where this is happening and I’ll see if I can point out what’s causing this exactly.

Posted: Friday Apr 26th, 2013 at 8:40 am #48471
JAMES HALL

YES – works perfectly using the mod rewrite links instead of the &param for skip-confirmation. THIS IS GREAT!!!

Posted: Friday Apr 26th, 2013 at 8:42 pm #48519
Bruce
Staff Member

Great. Let us know if you have any other issues. :-)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.