latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Social Media plugin recommandation

Home Forums Community Forum Social Media plugin recommandation

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice. Last updated by  cassel 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Aug 26th, 2012 at 9:22 am #23117
cassel
Username: cassel

I am looking at a social media plugin for WP but considering that i have some protected content, i dont want a plugin that automatically add those buttons to all the pages. My idea is that if such a button is placed on a restricted page, and it is shared, what will happen? Will the content be shared? I am hesitant to even test that. I would like a plugin where i can choose which pages those sharing/linking/pinning buttons would appear, and i would put them only on non-protected page.

Any suggestion?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Aug 26th, 2012 at 1:04 pm #23119
cassel
Username: cassel

As i didn’t want to wait too much, i did a little experiment. With a Share button, the title, and the first sentence WILL appear on FB. However, if anyone clicks on the link, they will NOT get to see the content if it is protected. In my case, when i tried, my brother could see the title on FB, but ended up with the sale pitch instead of the actual content that was “supposed to be shared”.

I guess i don’t need anything fancy to be removed from the protected pages or such (unless i didn’t even want to share the title and the first sentence). I think most social media sharing plugins seem to work the same way in that regard.

If i need to know anything else, don’t hesitate to add to this thread.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.