latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Some help regards download restrictions

Home Forums Community Forum Some help regards download restrictions

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jan 4th, 2013 at 1:34 pm #36181

Hello all

Try as I might, I cant figure how to limit the download counts for members downloading protected files. The system as it stands seems to allow unlimited downloads of each file if its exactly the same file. Is it possible to limit this? Aso, is it possible to limit the bandwidth used? eg limit the download speed to 250kbs.

Finally, is it possible to limit a link so it can only be clicked by a certain membership level?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Jan 5th, 2013 at 2:22 pm #36302
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Michael,

Try as I might, I cant figure how to limit the download counts for members downloading protected files. The system as it stands seems to allow unlimited downloads of each file if its exactly the same file. Is it possible to limit this?

I believe you can’t limit the downloads per file, but rather depending on the user’s level. You can do that under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Download Options -› Basic Download Restrictions. And it’s a total of downloads.

Aso, is it possible to limit the bandwidth used? eg limit the download speed to 250kbs.

I’m afraid this is not possible with s2Member. :/

Finally, is it possible to limit a link so it can only be clicked by a certain membership level?

This is possible in a couple of ways. You can do it either with s2Member conditionals, which you can read about here: Knowledge Base » s2Member® Conditionals

Or you can do it so that the link is clickable, but the user won’t have access to it so he’ll get redirected to the membership options page. You can read how to achieve that under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Custom Capability and Member Level Files.

– Eduan

Posted: Saturday Jan 5th, 2013 at 4:02 pm #36323

Thanks for your help Eduan

Do you think download count limits on single files might be a feature added sometime in the future?

And thanks for the conditionals tip. That’s a very useful feature.

Posted: Monday Jan 7th, 2013 at 5:36 am #36436

Do you think download count limits on single files might be a feature added sometime in the future?

This may be coming in the new generation of s2Member being developed, but not sure yet. I’ll make sure it’s in the feature requests list. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.