latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Spammers updated my posts

Home Forums Community Forum Spammers updated my posts

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Mike (Volunteer Moderator) 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Aug 3rd, 2013 at 3:35 pm #54838

I’m wondering if s2 member protects in anyway against spammers? I thought it would be not allowing access at all to the backend, however (i’m still in development currently) a spammer registered to the site and changed the content of my posts.

How did they do that?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Aug 4th, 2013 at 6:17 pm #55121

Thanks for reporting this important issue.

I’m not aware of any issue in s2Member® that would allow this to happen. s2Member® does not deal with administrative permissions at all in it’s integration with WordPress®. You can learn more about s2Member’s integration with WP Roles/Capabilities here. See: Knowledge Base » s2Member® Roles/Capabilities

If problems persist, please list all of the other plugins you’re running in concert with s2Member® and we’ll see if we can offer you some insight and point out any potential problems that we see on the surface.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.