latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Specific Post Purchase | If More Than One

Home Forums Community Forum Specific Post Purchase | If More Than One

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Jul 15th, 2012 at 8:53 pm #19316
Ganaxi
Username: ganaxi

Hi,

I am offering on my website besides Membership Options, also the ability to purchase piecemeal some of that same info on a ‘piecemeal’ basis. It is very likely, that many members may purchase more than a few posts each.

Given that they purchase specific posts without registering – which is great for conversions – is there a way if they register post-purchase that all of their purchased posts can be displayed maybe on a member page created for that purpose?

Second, assuming that this can be done, I would then plan on encouraging ‘specific post’ purchasers to register in a welcome e-mail that s2 sends with the link after the post purchase. Second question, am I right that I can customize this e-mail?

Regards,

Ganaxi

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jul 17th, 2012 at 4:07 am #19448
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Ganaxi,

The s2Member Specific Post/Page purchases are currently separate from the s2Member Level memberships; there currently is no way to tie the two together. If you want to sell specific capabilities (e.g., specific posts) to existing members, you’ll need to use Custom Capabilities.

To configure the email that is sent after a specific post/page purchase, see Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Specific Post/Page Confirmation Email.

Posted: Tuesday Jul 17th, 2012 at 11:14 am #19523
Ganaxi

Let me explain better.

I am not looking to tie them together, in any way more than they already are, given that s2Member offers the ability to sell ‘specific posts’ to non-members.

1. A non-member purchases, say more than one (or a few) ‘specific posts’ on separate instances using s2Member’s current capability.
2. The data that gives that non-member access to those ‘specific posts’ – for a specified time duration – exists, somewhere in s2Member.
3. All I am looking to do, is, if by my encouragement, such users choose to register as a member (free or guest access level, you name it), then I would like them to somewhere be able to access links to all of those ‘specific posts’ that were purchased by that ‘guest/free user/non-paying member’ (Level 0).

It seems that such data must reside somewhere in s2Member.

Tied to that perhaps is the question, is there a page where for all members – Level 0 and above – say something like ‘My Account’ – where they can access their profile data – and can this ‘specific posts’ purchased reside somewhere on that page.

I hope that’s more clear. I don’t think I am looking to tie them together, as you may have interpreted earlier, rather just a way to display ‘specific posts’ purchased by Level 0 / Free Users on their ‘My Account’ page, say.

Thanks for your response, All.

Ganaxi

Posted: Wednesday Jul 18th, 2012 at 4:26 am #19587
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Hi Ganaxi,

When someone purchases a Specific Post/Page, there is no username or account tied to that purchase. If someone purchases multiple Specific Post/Pages over the course of a month for example, there’s absolutely no way for s2Member to know that Person A purchased X, Y, and Z posts because there is nothing tying those separate purchases to Person A.

With a membership account, the user receives an account on your site and everything is tied to their username.

When someone purchases a Specific Page/Post, s2Member generates a unique key that gives that person access to that specific post/page for the allotted duration of time. If Person A purchases 3 different posts over the course of a month, s2Member simply generates 3 different unique keys, each time having no knowledge of how many other ‘purchases’ that user may have made… there is nothing tying that user to your site.

Posted: Thursday Jul 19th, 2012 at 3:15 pm #19772
Ganaxi

Hi, Raam:

Thanks for the explanation. I understand now.

Do you have any suggestion on how I would go about adding that functionality. Would adding a shopping cart like WP e-Commerce work, i.e., can they both work at the same time, s2 managing the membership portion of the site, WP e-Commerce, e.g., managing the purchase of single-post in a shopping cart format. Any recommendations based on past experience of which shopping cart plugins work best with s2?

Thanks.

Posted: Friday Jul 20th, 2012 at 4:06 am #19810
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Hi Ganaxi,

I’m not aware of any specific shopping cart that works best with s2Member. I recommend installing and testing them out to see if you can get one working. You may also want search and/or post a thread in the Community Forum to see if any other s2Member users have had success with integrating a shopping cart.

If you need to hire a programmer to make such an integration, we recommend jobs.wordpress.net.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.