latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Specific questions for my site

Home Forums Community Forum Specific questions for my site

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Nov 29th, 2012 at 12:32 pm #32921

Hello,

I know exactly what I want for my website.
I’m going to tell you what I have in mind and you’ll tell me if I can do that with s2member?

I want to create a site where I will sell videos. Each product will contain several videos. Once the user buys a product, he will be able to log in and see the products in bought in a side bar (for example).

He clicks on a product and he can see the list of the videos, and click either on a “watch” button to watch the video, or download to download the video, or read to get a pdf.

Then, I’d like to insert a kind of “homework” list. The user could check once he did something, and there’s a progress bar updating. Can I do all that with your plugin ?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Nov 29th, 2012 at 2:28 pm #32935
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Verane,

s2Member can accomplish most of this. That last part about a progress bar is something you’d need to code in yourself (or find a WordPress plugin that adds that functionality).

With s2Member you can sell access to individual ‘things’ through the use of Custom Capabilities. Your scenario will use Custom Capabilities heavily, so I recommend learning about those. Also, you may want to watch the Client Portals video, since you might want to have a separate page for each person.

Lets us know if you have any other questions.

Posted: Thursday Nov 29th, 2012 at 2:51 pm #32939

I watched several videos on your site. On one of them, I saw that for single page/post items, the user doesn’t need to register to order the products.
But I want people to register before they buy.
Is it possible to do that with single items ?
What I intend to do is:
User browse the site and sees a product he likes.
He clicks to buy.
He first register OR he buys and then receives his access codes. I don’t care but what I want is that the user logs in to have access to the product he bought.

Is it still ok ? Can i do that with s2member ?

Posted: Friday Nov 30th, 2012 at 8:08 am #32997

Yeah, you can use custom capabilities. Video » s2Member (Custom Capabilities) :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.