latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Stop monthly payments

Home Forums Community Forum Stop monthly payments

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday May 31st, 2012 at 12:07 pm #15063
Frank Epton
Username: franclin

When testing, one of our staff signed up for an account using his visa. He does not have a paypal account.
He signed up for monthly payments wich terminate at the end of the year. Now that our evaluation is done I want to stop payments from his account. I have refunded him the first and second month instalments and
I can continue to refund him at the end of each month but that would be a complication I need to avoid with a real member.

If I cancel his membership using my admin privileges (users / delete user) will this stop the payments?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday May 31st, 2012 at 4:26 pm #15084
Frank Epton

Found the answer: s2Member Pro Forms make it possible for your customers to cancel future billing, if you make a Pro Cancellation Form available to them, perhaps on your Login Welcome Page, or just a link to a Post/Page where you’ve added the Shortcode for the Pro Cancellation Form.

view details:

http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/paypal-pro-recurring-payments/

Posted: Friday Jun 1st, 2012 at 4:04 am #15134

Correct. I’m glad you sorted it out. :)

Deleting an account won’t stop payments, because those are handled by the gateway they have their subscription running on.

If the user paid you through a pro-form set up with PayPal Pro, you’ll need the the cancellation pro-form, because that’s the only interface he’ll have to manage that. If he had paid with his PayPal account through PayPal Standard or Express Checkout, then he’d have the PayPal interface to cancel it himself, and so would you.

I hope that helps understand it better.

Posted: Tuesday Jun 5th, 2012 at 5:18 pm #15567
Frank Epton

Thank you Cristián. I also found a “delete” recurring payment link within paypal when loged in as the merchant. This confirmed that no further recurring payments would be applied.

Posted: Tuesday Jun 5th, 2012 at 10:41 pm #15622

Excellent. :)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.