latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Store Last URL Visited before Registration

Home Forums Community Forum Store Last URL Visited before Registration

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday May 31st, 2012 at 10:04 pm #15111

s2Member Team,
I want to be able to identify the last page my users see before registering for FREE on my site (level 0, free acces).

Ideally, I want to store a URL or specific Page parameter in their profile so I can segment my email lists. I’ve seen the notification features, but can’t figure out how to make them fit.

Any easy way of doing this?

Thanks!
Angie

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Jun 1st, 2012 at 6:41 am #15149
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Angie,

There are several ways to accomplish this, but all will require a bit of custom coding on your part.

You could utilize the custom= attribute in a Pro-Form shortcode to pass the URL of the last visited page via cv1 through the signup process and then use the Tracking or Signup Notification area (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Tracking -› Signup Tracking Codes or Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Notifications -› Signup Notifications) to catch that cv1 variable (using %%cv1%%) and then write some code to store the URL on the users profile.

You could also create a Custom Registration field that remains hidden on the Pro-Form but gets pre-filled with the last visited URL (you’d need to edit the Pro-Form templates and add the necessary PHP code to pre-fill a hidden field; see Pre Sale FAQs » Is it possible to modify s2Member® Pro Form templates?)).

Posted: Saturday Jun 2nd, 2012 at 9:12 pm #15263

Thanks Raam. I feel comfortable putting some code in and deep diving into this, but want to make sure your suggestion still applies:

1) By Pro-Forms, are you referring to Paypal Pro-Forms or “S2member Pro” forms?

I want to make sure that I get this right before I invest a couple of hours on it. I’m just interested on the last page the free sign ups come from (I don’t care about the users who pay).

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Angie

Posted: Monday Jun 4th, 2012 at 7:26 am #15345

Yes, he’s talking about the s2Member Pro forms.

[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms[/hilite]
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Authorize.Net® Pro Forms[/hilite]

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.