latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Strange PayPal recurring charge hiccup

Home Forums Community Forum Strange PayPal recurring charge hiccup

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Oct 18th, 2012 at 2:39 pm #28889

Greetings gents,

As a pre-launch test, I have setup a recurring (test) membership payment using PayPal. It was setup to test the recurring (monthly) payment functionality of S2MemberPro and PayPal. It is supposed to hit my personal PayPal account for a monthly $0.01 payment.

Yesterday, PayPal tried to charge that monthly payment, but for some reason could not. I am going to contact their tech support team to see what they can tell me, but I wanted to also see if you folks have ever seen this, and if you shed light on what the cause might be. Here is the message I received from PayPal:

Hello (Business Name)

We cannot process the following recurring payment. We will try again in five days.

Profile ID: X-XXXXXXXXXXX
For: Basic Professional Member (Individual) / Description and pricing details here.
Invoice Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXX~XX.XXX.XX.XXX
Date Due: Oct 17, 2012
Next Payment Date: Oct 22, 2012

Buyer Contact Information

Profile Status: Active
Buyer Name: XXXXX XXXXXX
Buyer Email:XXXXXXX@XXXXXXXX.com

Thanks,
PayPal

Thank you S2Member support team for any light you may be able to shed on this.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Oct 18th, 2012 at 2:54 pm #28893
cassel
Username: cassel

Could it be associated with the same Paypal you are receiving money with? You cannot use the same Paypal account to pay yourself. Just a thought.

Posted: Thursday Oct 18th, 2012 at 3:02 pm #28894

Cassel,

Thanks for the suggestion. I’m using 2 different accounts, so I don’t think that would be the cause. The original transaction worked fine the day I setup the membership – this problem has occurred now 30 days later on the 1st monthly recurring charge.

Thanks though.

Posted: Thursday Oct 18th, 2012 at 3:23 pm #28896
cassel
Username: cassel

Ah. I dont have a better answer for you. I guess you`ll have to wait for someone more knowledgeable.

Posted: Friday Oct 19th, 2012 at 8:46 am #28992

Cassel said:
Could it be associated with the same Paypal you are receiving money with? You cannot use the same Paypal account to pay yourself. Just a thought.

He wouldn’t even have been allowed to create the subscription.

The original transaction worked fine the day I setup the membership – this problem has occurred now 30 days later on the 1st monthly recurring charge.

It’ll be better to get more information from the PayPal support rep. It could have been a temporary error when their system tried to charge the card. I doubt it was a problem with the card (unless it expired within the last 30 days), the carge was too small to be a funds problem. :P

Do you have anything in your IPN log for that failed payment? I’m not sure if those get logged too, but it’s worth taking a look.

By the way, you can test these things without waiting so long, creating a button just for your tests with payments set to be daily.

Posted: Friday Oct 19th, 2012 at 8:58 am #28996

Thank you Cristián.

I will follow your advice. Can you advise me on what folder the IPN log is found in? Thank you sir.

Posted: Friday Oct 19th, 2012 at 10:37 am #29023

I’m assuming logging is enabled, which is best when you’re still testing. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details -› Logging[/hilite]. If it isn’t, then please enable it so you get things logged in the future.

Logs would be found under /wp-content/plugins/s2member-logs/.

Posted: Friday Oct 19th, 2012 at 10:46 am #29026

Thank you Cristián.

Posted: Saturday Oct 20th, 2012 at 8:11 am #29121

My pleasure. :)

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.