latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Strange unwanted redirect bug

Home Forums Community Forum Strange unwanted redirect bug

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Feb 19th, 2012 at 1:20 pm #5649
Sacha Greif
Username: sachag

I’m having a problem with an unwanted redirect.

First of all, if you try and access this page (a custom post type archive) without an account everything should work:

http://nrfight.phpfogapp.com/videos/

But then go to the site’s homepage:

http://nrfight.phpfogapp.com/

After that, if you click on “videos” again to go back to that first page, you’ll always be redirected to the subscription page.

This does not happen if you’re logged in, though. Any ideas?

Oh, and I should mention that all the restriction options are blank.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  Sacha Greif.
  • This topic was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  Sacha Greif.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Feb 20th, 2012 at 7:38 pm #5766
Staff Member

Hi there. Thanks for your inquiry.
I just took a quick look at your site and I find this redirection occuring, which includes s2Member’s MOP Vars (Membership Options Page Variables). These variables on your site indicate that you DO have at least one URI Restriction configured in your installation.

http://nrfight.phpfogapp.com/inscription/?_s2member_seeking%5Btype%5D=ruri&_s2member_seeking%5Bruri%5D=L3ZpZGVvcw%3D%3D&_s2member_seeking%5B_uri%5D=L3ZpZGVvcw%3D%3D&_s2member_req%5Btype%5D=level&_s2member_req%5Blevel%5D=0&_s2member_res%5Btype%5D=sys&s2member_seeking=ruri-L3ZpZGVvcw%3D%3D&s2member_level_req=0

Please check your URI Restriction Options under:
s2Member -> Restriction Options -> URI Restrictions

Posted: Tuesday Feb 21st, 2012 at 5:58 am #5841
Sacha Greif

I found the problem by searching the database. Although none of the URI Restrictions options were set, I had set “/videos” as my Login Welcome Page. I replaced it by something else and things are now working properly.

By the way, could there be an option to simply set the homepage as the welcome page, without having to enter a full absolute URL?

Posted: Wednesday Feb 22nd, 2012 at 1:26 pm #5980
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Sacha,

Glad to hear you solved the problem. :) The next major release of s2Member will include many enhancements. Your suggestion has been noted as a feature request.

Posted: Thursday Feb 23rd, 2012 at 12:18 pm #6126
Sacha Greif

Can’t wait for the next version. I don’t know if it’s in your plans, but I hope you can clean up the UI somehow. There are so many options that even after using and configuring the plugin for weeks I still sometimes get lost…

Posted: Monday Feb 27th, 2012 at 10:12 pm #6621
Staff Member

Thanks for the feedback :-) Much appreciated. I’ll see what we can do.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.