latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Stripe?

Home Forums Community Forum Stripe?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Jan 24th, 2013 at 10:30 am #39410

Last year, there were several discussions that new payment gateways, including Stripe will be added in the next release.
Is Stripe still on plan?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Jan 25th, 2013 at 3:27 pm #39544
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank-you for your inquiry.

Integration with Stripe is still on our todo list for the next major version of s2Member. We do not have a set deadline for when this version of s2Member will be available yet, but we’re hoping to have it available by mid 2013.

Posted: Friday Feb 1st, 2013 at 5:25 pm #40314
VegasKev
Username: vegaskev

Not for nothing Bruce, but Stripe should be at the top of the list. We’ve been waiting for quite long time. We keep hearing about but not seeing it. Don’t get me wrong, I love s2Member, but I keep seeing the other Membership plugins making advancements in their functionalities and they already have stripe integration. I’m at the crossroads of trying to figure out whether or not I should pay $300 – $400 to have someone create a stripe plugin for my s2Member sites, or just pay $100 – $200 for another membership plugin that already has stripe…..I shouldn’t be at that kind of crossroads…I really shouldn’t.

I’m not trying to talk trash, but honestly, nobody knows the s2member core and API like you guys do and I would think that you guys would WANT TO have the most developer friendly merchant processor in your corner.

Please consider either adding a plugin add-on for stripe, or getting s2member core to accept right away. Even if you guys made it an add-on plugin and charged us an extra $25 for it. You’ve already got at least 20 people on the forums asking for it. Those 20 alone would be worth about $500, not to mention the people who use s2member and search the forums only to sigh in the end, yet don’t leave a comment, as they feel/know it’s not worth their time to voice their opinion.

I have around 10 pending projects that that I want to do that need stripe, and 3 existing projects that I would like to switch to stripe. So it’s either pay a dev with the spare time to learn your API and create a stripe add-on plugin, or just spend a few hours exporting my members and restructuring my sites on a new membership plugin and say good-bye to s2Member. I like s2Member, but I NEED stripe. I spent 2 months researching membership plugins for WP before picking you guys. I was hesitant to choose s2member b/c of no stripe support, but was reassured when I read forum posts last spring stating that stripe integration was right around the corner…..a year later is not exactly right around the corner…know what I mean.

Posted: Sunday Feb 3rd, 2013 at 2:51 am #40522
Staff Member

Thanks for the feedback. It is appreciated :-)

Posted: Monday Feb 4th, 2013 at 6:47 pm #40795
VegasKev
Username: vegaskev

@Jason …..I appreciate your “thankfulness”. And I mean no disrespect, but I’m kind of looking for an answer to where to go with this next. Please advise.

Posted: Tuesday Feb 5th, 2013 at 4:35 am #40830
Staff Member

Thanks for your reply :-)

I’m not giving out any release dates. If you need Stripe support right away, I would suggest going with a different software application. I don’t see this happening anytime real soon with s2Member®.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.