latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Styling the forms

Home Forums Community Forum Styling the forms

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Pacific Zen Institute 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Feb 28th, 2012 at 1:55 pm #6675

Hello, in the screenshots for the pro version it shows a lot of examples of the forms styled in different ways. I see that I can control those templates, which is great, but I wondered if there are some other options for pre-styled forms that I might take a look at to save some time. Is something like that available?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Feb 29th, 2012 at 4:57 am #6746

Hi.

What do you mean? Templates or styles you could download for the pro-forms?

Posted: Wednesday Feb 29th, 2012 at 11:25 am #6765

Right, either full templates or CSS stylesheets that I could copy/paste. Of course I’ll need to tweak them to fit my specific theme, but if I could start with one of the styles that are represented in the Pro screenshots here: http://www.s2member.com/pro/#!s2_tab_jump=s2-pro-screenshots it would save me a lot of time.

I thought maybe since they were shown in the screenshots, those styles would be available somewhere for download?

Posted: Wednesday Feb 29th, 2012 at 12:22 pm #6770
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member
Posted: Wednesday Feb 29th, 2012 at 1:50 pm #6777

My point exactly. It says, “…customize them with your own CSS rules inside the Stylesheet for your WordPress® theme (usually style.css).”

Some themes don’t have great CSS for forms. Currently I am looking at spending an hour or two in the theme CSS customizing the look and feel of the s2member forms. It would make me a happy man if I could somewhere download some CSS that would enhance the look of the forms without relying on the WP theme CSS.

Posted: Wednesday Feb 29th, 2012 at 4:11 pm #6800

Of course I’ll need to tweak them to fit my specific theme, but if I could start with one of the styles that are represented in the Pro screenshots here: http://www.s2member.com/pro/#!s2_tab_jump=s2-pro-screenshots it would save me a lot of time.

I understand. But those screenshots are just the default pro-form with different themes, not extra styling. You can style the pro-form, though, just open the page with the pro-form in it and using Firebug, spot the IDs or classes you’d need to style to get it to look more like you want it. http://getfirebug.com

Posted: Wednesday Feb 29th, 2012 at 9:35 pm #6834
Staff Member

The screenshots which appear on our website, were taken from various themes available at WordPress.org. We didn’t go by any specific list, we made selections at random. These themes are all available to the public at no charge. You will find several to choose from here: http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/

Some themes don’t have great CSS for forms. Currently I am looking at spending an hour or two in the theme CSS customizing the look and feel of the s2member forms. It would make me a happy man if I could somewhere download some CSS that would enhance the look of the forms without relying on the WP theme CSS.

So sorry. Actually though, this is intentional. s2Member Pro comes with basic structural CSS to get your Pro Forms to function properly. However, we leave colors and other visual effects to your theme. If your theme does not come with enough style specifications to cover forms, you would need to add styles of your own through style.css, or through a Custom CSS configuration section of your theme perhaps.

It’s also possible to use Hooks/Filters with s2Member, to either remove the default CSS, or to add custom CSS of your own. If you would like to learn more about that, I recommend this FAQ section.
Pre Sale FAQs » How can I prevent s2Member® Pro from loading it’s default CSS?

As always, we appreciate the feedback on this topic. I’ll see what we can do to improve on this.

Posted: Thursday Mar 1st, 2012 at 10:09 am #6891

Thanks for the replies. I really do like the way that you’ve intentionally implemented the forms in a way that allows for the theme’s CSS to style them, rather than force a particular style that is packaged with s2Member. I assume that works perfectly for many users and it seems to me to be the right way to do it. Unfortunately my theme doesn’t have great styles to begin with so I will have to add them manually, but that’s okay. I was just wondering if there was a way to shave some time off my project:)

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.