latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Subscribe issue

Home Forums Community Forum Subscribe issue

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Jun 6th, 2013 at 2:27 pm #51542

Hi guys,

So, yesterday we had a gentleman email us saying that he had all fields filled out for a subscription and everytime he would hit the subscribe button nothing would happen.

What would be a possibility that would make this occur? We have been having a good number of new subsrciptions including a few that were the same level access that this gentleman was trying to sign up for. So my suspicion is that the code is correct and working.

any thoughts?

Also, not often, but every once in a while we get emails from folks who just upgraded their account from a level 1(monthly charge) to a level 2(annual charge), but once their monthly period from their previous level access expires, they are bumped down to a level 0 (inactive). EVEN though their upgraded rate (annual charge) went through to paypal without a problem. What would be causing this to happen?
Again with this issue, this does not happen with everyone who upgrades. Only some.

Weird huh? Any direction for me?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Jun 6th, 2013 at 2:53 pm #51543
cassel
Username: cassel

I am not a tech support but i remember that occasionally, i would click on something and get no response. I found that it tend to be associated with the browser and if i change browser, then it works. Might be worth asking this gentleman to try that alternative?

Posted: Friday Jun 7th, 2013 at 7:40 am #51599
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue.

It sounds like the issue you’re getting may be related to this:

http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/pro-form-buy-now-button-not-working-in-ie9/#post-37079

You might want to ask your User if he was using Internet Explorer for this signup.

Posted: Tuesday Jun 11th, 2013 at 2:54 pm #51777

Apparently, now it is happened more often at total of 3 or 4 times this week. Those were ones that were reported to us, there could be more. And I’ve had mixed responses, some say they try with IE and some say they are trying with Google Chrome.

I don’t know what to tell them, it’s something that needs attention. I will do a site search to see if I has loose ends in my html, but other than that would there be anything causing this?

Everyone of them tells me that they fill out everything, then hit the subscribe button and nothing happens.

Posted: Wednesday Jun 12th, 2013 at 6:38 am #51819

Cheryl, it’d be good if you have logging enabled, that way you/we can review the entries related to the users that have problems, to see if there are any errors mentioned there that would give us a hint about what may be causing it. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Log Files (Debug) -› Logging Configuration[/hilite]

About the pro-form not being submitted, if you could, create a test installation of WordPress with default theme and just s2Member, configure your gateway there, create a page with the pro-form, and have that gentleman try to do a test purchase for 1 cent the same way he did when he couldn’t submit it in your live site. See if you can reproduce it there, please. If you can’t and everything goes fine, then there’s something in your live site, other than s2Member, causing the problem (e.g. plugin, theme). If you can reproduce it, please find out what browser and operating system the person is using.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.