latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Subscribe2 subscription options in profile

Home Forums Community Forum Subscribe2 subscription options in profile

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Apr 4th, 2012 at 1:13 pm #10043

Hi Jason and Team.

I’m using the Subscribe2 Plugin to manage my e-Newsletters.

I have the S2member option set NOT to use the default WP User Profile Editor, as it’s clearly not suitable for us.
As rightly S2member restricts many of the admin functions I see that only admin’s can edit their Subscribe2 subscription options, via the /wp-admin/admin.php?page=s2 page.

If I set the option to use the Default Profile Panel, then they get to edit their Subscription2 options just fine.

Can you advise a way either to enable the Subscribe2 “Your Subscriptions” page for non admins so that users can edit their subscription options.

Alternatively I can look to use a different newsletter server as long as it:

1) integrates with S2, I already have a custom profile field for newsletters
2) can send both plain and HTML

Seems like a solid newsletter integration with S2 would be a great feature for us all.

Many thanks to you guys for all you do!

Colin

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Apr 4th, 2012 at 3:13 pm #10065
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Colin,

s2Member currently integrates with Aweber and MailChimp to provide newsletter services. Other list server integrations are also possible (see Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / List Servers -› Other Integration Methods).

Regarding your questions about working with the Subscribe2 plugin: It sounds like the WordPress.org Support Forums would be a better place to ask these questions. What you really need to do is figure out how to selectively disable certain items available to logged in users through /wp-admin/admin.php, which isn’t actually part of s2Member but of WordPress itself.

Such customizations are outside the scope of our support policy (see s2Member® » Support Policy » Outside Scope).

Posted: Friday Apr 6th, 2012 at 8:33 pm #10262

Well ok, sort of..

However it is S2member that has changed the permissions that is globally preventing the access to all the admin pages, which is why I posted the question here not in the wordpress support forums.

In looking at Mailchimp its clear that is the correct way for me to go as their API and the general quality is well worth the $50- 70 a month.

I have configured the Mailchimp API integration and tested that a new subscriber goes thought the double-opt-in process. All looks great!

However I don’t see anywhere an easy way to sync my existing 6,000 plus S2member subscribers, with my Mailchimp lists or without a second opt in process. I see I can manually export them from S2member and import them via csv into mailchimp in which case they will not have double opted in, but I guess I can live with that.

Is there any better process? I was kind of expecting a button to sync them up once the API hooks were made.

Many thanks

Colin

Posted: Saturday Apr 7th, 2012 at 3:39 pm #10289
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Colin,

In Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Member Profile Modifications, you can change Redirect Members away from the Default Profile Panel? to No and then use whatever method is necessary to limit the users access to those admin panels. (That can probably be done through some code in functions.php or even through another plugin.)

Regarding list subscriptions: There is not currently any way to mass-sync users to the list server, however when editing each user you can check the box that says Re-process List Servers. When you press ‘Update User’, the user will be subscribed to the list.

Regarding disabling the double opt-in requirement, please see this thread for more information.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.