latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Subscriber Modification : to FREE?

Home Forums Community Forum Subscriber Modification : to FREE?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday May 19th, 2013 at 4:18 pm #50202
JAMES HALL
Username: jhall_3rd

Is there any way to modify a subscriber from a paid account to free — while keeping the same privileges (ccaps, level etc) ?

Right now I am doing this: ask member to Cancel > wait until their account expires (checking daily!) > when it expires and goes to level 0, re-creating their account with original privileges.

Could I just DELETE their acct in wordpress (after they cancel) and then re-create their account?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday May 22nd, 2013 at 5:50 am #50338
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

Right now I am doing this: ask member to Cancel > wait until their account expires (checking daily!) > when it expires and goes to level 0, re-creating their account with original privileges.

An easier way to accomplish this would be to just simply remove the User’s Paid Subscription ID from their profile in the User’s list. Then s2Member won’t be able to link the User with the demotion and the User will no longer be able to be demoted.

Posted: Saturday May 25th, 2013 at 8:58 pm #50642
JAMES HALL
Username: jhall_3rd

Thanks Bruce! — follow-ups:

if i remove the sub’n ID will that automagically kill the paypal subscription too?

Posted: Saturday May 25th, 2013 at 9:28 pm #50645
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

if

i remove the sub’n ID will that automagically kill the paypal subscription too?

No, if you remove the Paid Subscription ID from an account, the only thing that will happen is that s2Member will no longer link the User with any cancellations/refunds/reversals on the transaction ID. If you do not cancel the subscription afterwards, the subscription will continue without affecting the User at all. So if you demoted a User and did not cancel the subscription, they would continue to be charged.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.