latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Subscription duration

Home Forums Community Forum Subscription duration

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Mike (Volunteer Moderator) 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Jul 24th, 2013 at 9:38 pm #54007

I’m trying to set up a subscription form that offers three different durations and found this post: http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/subscription-setup/
but that would require three different forms to be set up, is that right?

I’m looking to simply add a radio button option to our existing membership form which would allow the user to chose between 1 month, 3 month and 1 year subscription.

is that easily possible?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Jul 25th, 2013 at 5:12 pm #54107
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

I’m trying to set up a subscription form that offers three different durations and found this post: http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/subscription-setup/
but that would require three different forms to be set up, is that right?

That’s right this particular method would require that you set up multiple Pro Forms.

If you want want to add a radio button like that to your Pro Form, then what you’d have to do is use custom code to accomplish this. You can edit he Pro Form template using the information here:

Pre Sale FAQs » Is it possible to modify s2Member® Pro Form templates?

After you’ve added your radio, you’ll want to edit your subscription information based on what the User input. You can do that using the second example here:

Knowledge Base » Using Variables In A Shortcode

Posted: Saturday Jul 27th, 2013 at 2:37 pm #54240

I ended up with separate pages for each of the options – clicking a radio button takes you to the respective “membership registration” form.

now, I realize that on my “member profile” page I have a “RENEW membership” form.
that one is still showing the original 12-month duration.

my question: is there a difference in “membership renewal” and “membership registration” forms?

these are the values I have in my renewal form: ta=”0″ tp=”0″ tt=”D” ra=”39.95″ rp=”1″ rt=”Y” rr=”BN” rrt=””

my plan is to just re-direct the users to the same “membership registration” form that any non-member would use. is that the right approach? (I think I remember that s2member does not automatically start a membership renewal on the date that the existing memberhship expires but the date the form was submitted).

thanks.

Posted: Saturday Jul 27th, 2013 at 3:36 pm #54244

[snip]

Posted: Sunday Jul 28th, 2013 at 5:41 am #54285

my question: is there a difference in “membership renewal” and “membership registration” forms?

There is not really any difference. However, I would suggest adding modify=”1″ to any form where you are expecting an existing user to checkout (and NOT a new customer). You can learn more about this attribute here: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Shortcode Attributes (Explained)

my plan is to just re-direct the users to the same “membership registration” form that any non-member would use. is that the right approach?

Yes, that will work just fine. I only mentioned the modify=”1″ attribute in case you want to force an existing user; and NOT allow new customers to use a particular form. That’s what modify=”1″ does for you.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.