latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Subscription time-based content restriction

Home Forums Community Forum Subscription time-based content restriction

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Colin Gajraj 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Oct 28th, 2012 at 4:21 pm #29972

Hi

My client is developing a magazine subscription website. The content is published twice a year, once in the spring and once in the fall. Suppose a user buys a 1-year subscription in the middle of the year. I need to know how to restrict his access to only the content that will be in the fall of the current year and the spring of the next year. Is there an easy way in s2member to do this? If not, any tips on how I can achieve this programmatically? I am a developer, so I should be able to handle the code myself.

Thanks
Colin

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Oct 28th, 2012 at 5:02 pm #29975
cassel
Username: cassel

It is not possible as is with s2Member’s defaults settings. However, my programmer has just worked on a subscription model that will let the subscriber only access the issues released AFTER their registration. We are working on the description and instructions for using it. There is only a brief overview of the purpose of the hack at this link: http://krumch.com/2012/09/03/s2member-hack-custom-ccaps/

We are in no way affiliated with s2M but i am using it extensively. You might want to drop in a line to the programmer.

Posted: Sunday Oct 28th, 2012 at 5:20 pm #29977

Many thanks! I will certainly check out the link! A pity that s2member didn’t have that functionality out of the box.

Thanks again,
Colin

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.