latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Success attribute not working…still

Home Forums Community Forum Success attribute not working…still

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Mar 25th, 2013 at 2:01 pm #45672

I’m still having trouble with the Success attriute sending customers to the registration page. Is there a better workflow? Right now, when I test it it goes to paypal and I pay and then it just gives me a register for a PayPal account… and there isn’t even a link to go back to register. Any ideas? PayPal IPN and PDT settings are in place

Thanks so much?

Here’s my test code.

[s2Member-PayPal-Button level="1" ccaps="daughters_workshop" desc="Healing the Daughters of Narcissistic Mothers: A Virtual Workshop | $129" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="www.willieverbegoodenough.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="0.01" rp="5" rt="Y" rr="BN" rrt="" rra="1" image="http://www.willieverbegoodenough.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/or-buy-now-button-grn.png" output="button" success="http://www.willieverbegoodenough.com/wp-login.php?action=register" /]

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Mar 26th, 2013 at 7:42 pm #45822
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

I’m still having trouble with the Success attriute sending customers to the registration page. Is there a better workflow? Right now, when I test it it goes to paypal and I pay and then it just gives me a register for a PayPal account… and there isn’t even a link to go back to register. Any ideas? PayPal IPN and PDT settings are in place

I’m unsure what you’re attempting to accomplish here. Could you clarify what the idea of having a User being sent back to the free registration page would accomplish?

s2Member’s success attribute with PayPal buttons (this is not true with Pro Forms), is meant to be used as a way to send Users to information to have them check the email associated with their PayPal account. This email has a link that contains a code specific to this User’s transaction, and a User can only register using this link after checkout.

Posted: Tuesday Mar 26th, 2013 at 7:43 pm #45824
Bruce
Staff Member

Note that with Pro Forms, you can send Users to any place on your site after checkout, and that would be okay, as Users complete registration before being sent to PayPal.

See: Pre Sale FAQs » To use s2Member® Pro Forms, will I have to use PayPal® Pro?

Posted: Tuesday Mar 26th, 2013 at 7:59 pm #45827

Thanks for the reply. I suppose I should connect the dots from my last support request. I’m referring to this post where I get the ugly gray register screen after checkout. I thought the success attribute would help. Can I skip this page all together somehow?

http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/please-register-page-from-paypal-needs-love/?qcAC=1#post-43857

Posted: Tuesday Mar 26th, 2013 at 8:02 pm #45828
Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up.

This is what the success attribute is meant to do, but in the shortcode you posted, you’re attempting to send using to /wp-login.php?action=register. The correct way to use the succcess attribute here would be to set up a page to replace s2Member’s default PayPal return page, and use the success attribute to redirect to this page. This page should mention the fact that the User should receive an email with a link to register.

Note that the success attribute is only available if you are running s2Member Pro (which was not mentioned in the thread you linked).

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.