latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Support after custom integration

Home Forums Community Forum Support after custom integration

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday May 24th, 2012 at 11:33 pm #14523
JWT
Username: jwtan

Hi,

May I know the possibility of having First Data Global payment gateway integrated into S2Member Pro?

If not feasible in the short term, will S2Member still support our account if we do our own integration with First Data Global?

Also, is it still safe/possible to install updates from S2Member after custom integration?

Thank you,
JW

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday May 25th, 2012 at 8:22 am #14582
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi JW,

I’m not aware of any plans to integrate the First Data Global payment gateway at this time, although that may change in the future.

With regards to support: We will not support your custom integration, but the rest of s2Member will continue to be supported. If there are problems with your custom integration or problems related to the custom integration, we won’t be able to assist with that.

As far as upgrades, you’ll be responsible for making sure that future upgrades to s2Member don’t break your custom integration.

Please see s2Member® » Support Policy for full details on our support policy.

Posted: Wednesday May 30th, 2012 at 6:49 pm #14987
JWT
Username: jwtan

Thanks for your reply!

May I know does s2member separate it’s software into two parts such that the core part will never be affected for future updates and the variable part is for user’s customization? Just like the WordPress software?
If so, could you let me know which part is the core program? Thank you!

Posted: Thursday May 31st, 2012 at 6:56 am #15033
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Jiew,

s2Member is a WordPress plugin, so it relies heavily on the WordPress core. If you want to modify s2Member, you can do so through hooks, which we have documented here.

If you make changes to code s2Member files within the plugin directory itself, those changes will be overwritten upon future s2Member upgrades. However, if you use your functions.php file to hook into s2Member, those changes will not be overwritten.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.