latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

SUPPORT WAKE UP PLEASE!!

Home Forums Community Forum SUPPORT WAKE UP PLEASE!!

This topic contains 20 replies, has 6 voices. Last updated by  emilia manda 3 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Dec 16th, 2013 at 4:43 pm #61961

I asked a question on http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/s2member-error/ So far it looks like you are all hibernating.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Dec 16th, 2013 at 6:54 pm #61972
cassel
Username: cassel

This is a community forum and not a support section anymore (unlike it was in the past). The fastest way to get a tech support to review your question is to submit a ticket. I know were got spoiled and used to very fast response from tech people but they have changed the format for support.

Check out this link: https://www.s2member.com/contact/?s2-ssl=yes

Posted: Monday Dec 16th, 2013 at 11:20 pm #61984

I never received a notification on that. So I will keep pounding those doors. I guess paying customers are just as good as non-paying customers. meanwhile I lost 50 subscribers because the problem is still not solved.

Posted: Monday Dec 16th, 2013 at 11:28 pm #61986
cassel

I didn’t get a notification either and I too expected quick tech support in here because I did in the past, however, you surely have noticed that the old section “meant for paying customers” is no longer here and this is called “community forum”.

Unfortunately, pounding doors in the community forum will not do any good for you to get an answer from a tech support and the community members wont be able to help you either. It would be simpler to submit a ticket and direct the tech support to the thread you have posted previously. I think you have more chance for answer going that route.

I took several weeks before noticing this change too, and I had threads left unanswered for over a month before I went the other way, and I did get my answers. Give this a try.

Posted: Monday Dec 16th, 2013 at 11:34 pm #61988

So it is true as I said, no need to even notify them about changes and my guess that paying customers are just as good as non-paying customers is correct then. I will use the link you gave. Tx Cassel.

Posted: Monday Dec 16th, 2013 at 11:48 pm #61990
cassel

I don’t know what is going on behind the ticket, but I will admit that we were just spoiled before with answers within the hour or so. Now, the process is different and only us, the “oldies” who got spoiled, notice the difference. Anyone new will use the ticket system as it is in other places for support.

And who is to say that paying customers are not getting answered before non-paying ones? I have no way to know, but I know I got an answer the next day when I submitted a ticket while I had waited a month in the forum.

Just give the ticket system a shot.

Posted: Tuesday Dec 17th, 2013 at 5:27 pm #62017

did that, no reply yet

Posted: Saturday Dec 21st, 2013 at 11:25 pm #62081

I did fill the contact form last week. Still waiting for an answer >sigh<…

Posted: Sunday Dec 22nd, 2013 at 5:48 pm #62090

IS ANYBODY STILL ALIVE ON THE SUPPORTDESK? I AM WAITING FOR A f***ING ANSWER! I AM RIGHTFULLY ANGRY NOW! I DEMAND AN ANSWER AND A SOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: Monday Dec 23rd, 2013 at 1:33 pm #62096

Same situation for me and many others. I think the unfortunate possibility is that they planned for this. Develop the plugin, market, sell, then move on. I’m guessing they’re not replying because they know the forum will be a brewing gang of angry customers, so they’ve “left the building”. Since they were already paid, they’re not concerned about the backlash. I have a feeling you, me and others are relegated to the world of lesson-learned, and find another product to move forward with.

I’ll be posting a caution on the WordPress forum to any potential new customers.

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by  Shawn Barry.
Posted: Tuesday Dec 24th, 2013 at 1:14 am #62109

Hi guys. This thread was brought to my attention and I wanted to leave a comment.

We’re not ignoring customers, it’s pretty much like Cassel explained above. We are in the helpdesk every day, taking turns to reply to everyone.

We left the forum to be just the community and moved the customer support to ZenDesk to organize ourselves better and have more time left for coding.

boudewijn, Shawn, for some reason I don’t have your ticket in my list of pending ones. Could you please submit a new one? I’m sorry about the inconvenience. I’ll reply to it as soon as I see it.

Posted: Tuesday Dec 24th, 2013 at 1:32 am #62111

Cristián – good to hear from someone at least. Don’t be surprised people are pissed off. Frankly, it hasn’t been communicated very clearly that the support process has changed, or that the customer forum is now a community forum. This is going to happen more unless you, maybe, add some clearer notification/navigation that interrupts users with the “Things have changed” message. That’s my strong opinion on the matter.

Can you let us know where we send our support inquiries now so they’ll be seen?

Posted: Tuesday Dec 24th, 2013 at 1:45 am #62112

Yes, we’ll see how to improve the interface here so it’s less prone to this confusion. We are working on a new, simplified site design and your suggestion is very appreciated.

We thought that just having the “community” forum and no “customer” one would be enough, but I can see how someone that was used to asking in the customers one could expect the same interaction in the other.

We may actually move the community to wordpress.org and leave this forum as read-only for searching past solutions (as we did before with the previous one over at primothemes.com).

You can send us your ticket using the contact form here: https://www.s2member.com/contact/ That creates the ticket in the helpdesk we check daily. I’ll be waiting for yours to help you. :)

Posted: Tuesday Dec 24th, 2013 at 1:48 am #62113

Boudewijn, I just saw your ticket come in. I’m replying to it now. :)

Posted: Tuesday Dec 24th, 2013 at 2:20 am #62114

I’ve placed my request through the contact form as requested.

Posted: Tuesday Dec 24th, 2013 at 3:38 am #62115

Thanks Shawn. Got the ticket. Replying to it now. :)

Posted: Thursday Dec 26th, 2013 at 4:04 pm #62145
aus_team
Username: austeam

Can’t help but to sympathize with complaining customers. We do love you making changes for the better but please give your customer heads-up and don’t leave us waiting for nothing.

Paying customers deserve to know what things you are changing before you change it. We may like it, we may not like it. But we need to know.

EDIT: and by the way, can you not require other fields that does not apply on every situation like host, port, url, etc. People may just ask how to do things and not always ask you to do it for them.

Thanks

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by  aus_team. Reason: added some concern
Posted: Thursday Dec 26th, 2013 at 4:11 pm #62148
cassel

aus_team, when I fill out that form and don’t need those info, I just enter bogus data like “123” in each of them. It works! But I also mentioned that to them.

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by  cassel.
Posted: Thursday Dec 26th, 2013 at 4:38 pm #62150
aus_team
Username: austeam

@cassel, that is what I am doing but it is just waste of time and data. so better make it optional in my opinion.

Posted: Friday Dec 27th, 2013 at 11:47 am #62165

Please tell me how can a member register without agreeing to a required field?

Posted: Friday Dec 27th, 2013 at 11:47 am #62166

~ AUTO-GENERATED NOTICE

Action taken: I submitted details via the contact form and referenced this Topic.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.