latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Suspended accounts in paypal still members

Home Forums Community Forum Suspended accounts in paypal still members

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Aug 29th, 2012 at 3:24 pm #23445
JayKitPga
Username: jaykitpga

System not downgrading, some from a year ago, still ahve access. please advise

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Aug 29th, 2012 at 10:44 pm #23515
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hello,

IPN communication between PayPal and s2Member is what enables automatic downgrading of members. For this to work, the IPN integration needs to be set up properly. Also, the s2Member accounts must contain the PayPal Subscriber ID so that s2Member knows which account should be downgraded. The Subscriber ID is stored automatically when they signup through your site using an s2Member-generated form/button. Please double-check that your s2Member accounts show the corresponding Subscriber ID that matches their recurring profile on PayPal.

Please make sure your IPN Integration is correct: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› PayPal® IPN Integration. Also, if you haven’t enabled logging, I suggest doing so: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details -› Logging. The log files in wp-content/s2member-logs/ will help in diagnosing any issues with IPN communication.

Posted: Thursday Aug 30th, 2012 at 6:27 pm #23621
JayKitPga
Username: jaykitpga

I have ipn enabled, just enabled logging. I have checked the subscriber ids and they match. I have over 200 people accessing the site for free apparently because they are on “suspended” with paypal….

Posted: Friday Aug 31st, 2012 at 8:24 am #23682
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Have you double-checked your IPN integration settings? Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› PayPal® IPN Integration

There’s also an IPN Message Log on PayPal’s website, somewhere within your account. It’s located in different places depending on the account, so I suggest looking around for it. That log will tell you if PayPal successfully sent IPN messages to your site or if there was an error.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.