latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

technical question before upgrade

Home Forums Community Forum technical question before upgrade

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Feb 20th, 2012 at 5:14 pm #5733
Matt Jones
Username: MattyJ

Hello,
I was days away from purchasing a pro account when I noticed a problem with the free version.

I currently do not have any restricted tags set. However one tag is being blocked. I have deleted and recreated the tag but any posts that use it is being blocked to our public visitors.

Any suggestions to resolve this would be greatly appreciated. If I can not find a fix for it then I won’t be able to purchase the upgrade.

Thank you very much,

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Feb 21st, 2012 at 12:07 am #5823
Staff Member

Hi there. Thanks for your inquiry.

So you don’t have any Tag Restrictions configured with s2Member?
What about URI Restrictions, are you using those?

It’s possible that one of your URI Restrictions is inadvertently protecting Tags with a matching word fragment found in the URI. Adjusting your URI Restrictions might help you avoid this conflict.

Posted: Tuesday Feb 21st, 2012 at 9:52 am #5867
Matt Jones

Thank you very much for your reply.

I don’t have any tag or URI restrictions set, and the problem still persists. When ever I add the specific tag to a public posts it then becomes restricted.

Any other ideas?

Great plugin overall!!

Posted: Tuesday Feb 21st, 2012 at 1:33 pm #5886

I am considering upgrading to S2MemberPro, but before I do, I want to know that the free version is robust and works well (since it’s the foundation of the Pro version) before buying Pro, so I’m wondering if you can tell me where I could find help with this issue (I can’t find anything in the free Knowledge Base or Forum):

I get an error message at the top of a page (Login Welcom Page) where I have several access restrictions. This is the error message:

Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, ‘current_user_can' was given in /home/content/70/8904870/html/ultimateweightlossprotocol/wp-content/plugins/s2member/includes/classes/sc-if-conds-in.inc.php on line 138

I removed each of the access restrictions one by one (a "Get" short code, a customer capability short code, and a membership level page restriction) to determine which one was generating the error, and the error was still generated on the page each time I refreshed it after removing first the "Get" short code, then the custom capability short code, then the membership level page restriction.

Posted: Tuesday Feb 21st, 2012 at 1:40 pm #5887

UPDATE to my last post. The cause of the problem seems to have something to do with a custom capability that I am trying to create. Here is the code that I created:

[s2If current_user_can("access_s2member_ccap_uwlpg1")]

Content for this capability (e.g. link to a page).

[/s2If]

Where “uwlpg1” is the custom capability that I thought I created by adding it to the “Require Custom Capabilities?” field on another page. If I enter a custom value, such as “uwlpg1” to the “Require Custom Capabilities?” field, doesn’t that create the custom capability value that I would use in PayPal buttons and custom capability short codes? Or is there somewhere else that a value is entered in order to generate a custom capability value?

Posted: Tuesday Feb 21st, 2012 at 4:57 pm #5903
Matt Jones

It appears that Brendan issue is separate from the one I am experiencing. I am unsure why he posted under my topic.

However, I realized that when a Tag with the same name as a restricted category is added to a public post, then it becomes restricted.

i.e I have tag “Media” and Restricted Category “Media”. When a public post is tagged “Media” is becomes restricted.

Your help is greatly appreciated, this issue is having us look for other solutions as opposed to buying the S2 upgrade.

Thanks!

Posted: Thursday Feb 23rd, 2012 at 4:11 pm #6174
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Matt,

Thank you for the update.

I cannot reproduce the problem you described. I tested the exact same scenario on my personal s2Member installation:

1) I created a category called “Media” and restricted it to Level 0 (logged in users)
2) I published a post (“Media Category Post”) with the category “Media”
3) I confirmed that trying to access “Media Category Post” redirected me to the Membership Options Page (correct behavior)
4) I published a second post (“Media Tag Post”) with a non-protected category (“Uncategorized”) but assigned it a tag called “Media”
5) I confirmed that I was able to access “Media Tag Post” while not logged in (i.e., publicly accessible).

Could you please confirm that you are not using any URI Restrictions as Jason asked above?

Posted: Friday Feb 24th, 2012 at 11:31 pm #6381

Hi Matt.

I couldn’t reproduce the problem either.

When you can’t access the tagged post, are you being sent to the Membership Options Page? If so, could you post the vars you get in the URL after the redirection? They’ll say what access restriction is being applied.

I’m guessing you may be having another plugin affecting the tag/categ behavior in a way that causes the problem you’re describing.

Could you, as a test, deactivate other plugins one by one, checking after each if the tagged post still shows that behavior until it doesn’t?

Thanks!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.