latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Testing it out w/non WordPress pages..

Home Forums Community Forum Testing it out w/non WordPress pages..

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Mar 6th, 2012 at 4:48 am #7437

Hi there,

I am trying to decide if starting a membership site is worth the trouble. I’m realizing setting up S2 is a lot more involved than I thought. I would like to purchase the pro version.. but I want to make sure my site is even going to work as a membership site.

1) I want to make sure my non-Wordpress pages are going to show up. I am having trouble understanding exactly how you make a plain html (now changed to .php) page get recognized and blocked appropriately. I pasted the code and it says permission denied even though I am logged in as an administrator.. perhaps I did this wrong? I know this is a more technical support question.. but I cannot purchase if it doesn’t work..

2) I have a lot of javascript content. Will they still work if it is stored behind the wp/ folder and permissions?

3) I have javascript and a lot of styling.. is this going to slow down my site more because the pages will now be in the wp/ folder and behind permissions?

4) Is there a login box for non wordpress pages?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Mar 6th, 2012 at 5:35 am #7439

Nevermind about question #1. I think I got it working.. It has to be connected to a menu in wordpress?

Posted: Tuesday Mar 6th, 2012 at 12:17 pm #7467
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member
Posted: Tuesday Mar 6th, 2012 at 2:32 pm #7492

…did you not read my full question?

2) I have a lot of javascript content. Will they still work if it is stored behind the wp/ folder and permissions?

3) I have javascript and a lot of styling.. is this going to slow down my site more because the pages will now be in the wp/ folder and behind permissions?

I cannot spend $129 until I know the answer to these questions… It would be foolish for me to put up a membership site if my content will not work with the main membership component. Afterall, the whole point of this is to generate income.

Posted: Tuesday Mar 6th, 2012 at 11:36 pm #7517
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Hi Miranda,

Please see below:

Your non-WordPress pages do not need to be stored inside the WordPress directories (doing so wouldn’t have any affect on performance anyway). There’s no way for us to know if your JavaScript content will or will not work, as there are simply too many variables involved.

Please take a look at this knowledge base article for an explanation of how to protect non-WordPress pages. The pages do not need to reside inside the WordPress directories; you simply need to include one of the core WordPress files in your non-WordPress page (which must be a .php file).

That will depend on the JavaScript and the styling. We recommend installing the free version of s2Member (s2Member Framework) and trying things out with that first. If the free version works to your satisfaction, you can upgrade to Pro and all your existing configuration will be maintained.

s2Member does not provide a login box for non-WordPress pages.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  Raam Dev.
Posted: Tuesday Mar 6th, 2012 at 11:40 pm #7521

Many thanx for your quick reply.
=)

Posted: Wednesday Mar 7th, 2012 at 1:33 pm #7564
Raam Dev
Staff Member

You’re most welcome! Happy to help. :)

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.