latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Testing with Live account in 'Test Mode'

Home Forums Community Forum Testing with Live account in 'Test Mode'

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Luke 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Mar 25th, 2013 at 11:47 am #45661
Luke
Username: kerrylov

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Mar 26th, 2013 at 10:09 am #45755

Hi Luke.

It sounds like the problem is that you’re telling s2Member it’s in dev mode, but you’re not using the dev credentials. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Authorize.Net® Options -› Account Details -› Developer/Sandbox Testing[/hilite]

Only enable this if you’ve provided Developer credentials above.

If you don’t want to have it in dev mode, why not use the live credentials, disable testing, and run live 1 cent transactions for your tests?

Posted: Tuesday Mar 26th, 2013 at 10:13 am #45759
Luke

Hi Cristian, thanks for your reply. No I have it in live mode however with my Auth.net account I have is in test mode to keep from doing any live transactions since most of mine are $99+ . I could run a live test with a 1 cent transaction but am trying to stay away from that.

I assume it’s safe to say if it worked fine with my developer credentials it should be fine with a live account correct? I know it’s talking to auth.net because I get the emails that a transaction went through but on the page S2 is giving me the error from the first message which isn’t exactly the result I would expect.

Posted: Tuesday Mar 26th, 2013 at 10:39 am #45770

Yeah, it’s safe to assume that. I’d still run a test transaction when you go live, to make sure everything’s working as it should before customers start trying to pay.

Keep logging enabled until you know it’s working, so it helps you debug if you need to solve anything. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Log Files (Debug) -› Logging Configuration[/hilite]

Posted: Tuesday Mar 26th, 2013 at 11:57 am #45794
Luke

Ok thanks for the fast response Cristian it’s very much appreciated. So fingers crossed!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.