latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

the "custom=" attribute

Home Forums Community Forum the "custom=" attribute

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday May 6th, 2012 at 3:21 am #12748

in my thread on the puzzling error (http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/puzzling-error/) I finally found out that I can do without the use of the “custom=” attribute. (Thanks to Raam)

Going back to my subscription/payment pages I found that the custom property there can also play havoc with the page once it is displaying.

I tried leaving it out and the result was I did not see the error any more.
This brings me to the two question I have now:
1. Do I really need this attribute at all and if it is mandatory;
2. What is the purpose of this attribute.

Hoping to hear from you.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday May 9th, 2012 at 1:39 am #13029
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Boudewijn,

The custom= attribute is required for most buttons and must start with your domain. If you receive an error that the attribute must start with your domain, then you should make sure that the attribute contains the correct domain.

The following, taken from Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Shortcode Attributes (Explained), explains a little more about the custom attribute:

custom=”example.com” must start with your domain. Additional values can be piped in ( ex: custom=”example.com|cv1|cv2|cv3|etc” ). Not valid when cancel=”1″.

The best thing to do is simply use the button generators to generate the necessary shortcode. s2Member will attempt to detect your domain automatically and configure the custom= attribute for you.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.