latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

The Russians are coming

Home Forums Community Forum The Russians are coming

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  JAMES HALL 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Mar 12th, 2013 at 8:01 am #44351
JAMES HALL
Username: jhall_3rd

I have open reg turned off, yet i keep getting new members registering at level 0 — yup, they’re all russians (gasp!).

Is this something i should worry about?

JUST A BURIED LOGIN LINK THAT PEOPLE WERE USING TO REGISTER! WE must be big in moscow.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Mar 13th, 2013 at 4:51 pm #44536

Thanks for the update. Glad you fixed it. :)

I’m curious, how was that link allowing them to register if you have open registration disabled?

Posted: Wednesday Mar 13th, 2013 at 6:33 pm #44547
JAMES HALL

… on the login page — there is always a link to register even with “open reg” turned -off! This really surprised me.

Posted: Saturday Mar 16th, 2013 at 7:22 am #44917

Ah, I know what you mean. This happened to me too. Normally the link is removed from the login page when I have Open Registrations disabled, but once I had the link be there although registrations were closed. It took me a while before I realized that I had a cookie in the browser from an old signup test, which was letting me register and thus the link was there.

Posted: Saturday Mar 16th, 2013 at 7:33 am #44919
JAMES HALL

hmmm that’s weird. The troubling thing is that other people (not just me) are seeing this link also. Could it be the wordpress cache? I’m cleaning that now… will let you know.

Posted: Saturday Mar 16th, 2013 at 7:37 am #44920

Cool. Let me know.

Ah, and could it be that you have a free registration pro-form forgotten somewhere? That one doesn’t care about the Open Registration setting. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Free Registration Forms[/hilite]

Posted: Saturday Mar 16th, 2013 at 1:19 pm #44935
JAMES HALL

nope — it’s still there. Open reg is turned-off but the registration link on the login page is still there. I tried emptying the cache (wordpress). Have a look and tell me if you see it:

http://www.semantica-portuguese.com/wp-login.php

Posted: Saturday Mar 16th, 2013 at 7:04 pm #44944
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this thread :-)

@ James Hall

If this is occurring on a clean installation of WordPress, please submit a Dashboard login privately and we will invetigate this for you. So far we’ve been unable to reproduce this here in our lab. I’m not aware of this being a bug. However, investigating this in your environment may shed some light. Thanks!

Please use: s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Sunday Mar 17th, 2013 at 7:55 am #44978
JAMES HALL

Thanks Jason — it’s not a clean install’n so, I will do that first and if it doesn’t correct i’ll submit a Dashboard login. ~J

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.