latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Third Party BP Plugin access control

Home Forums Community Forum Third Party BP Plugin access control

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Aug 3rd, 2012 at 10:57 am #21116
Lavish Dhand
Username: lavish

I would like to buy if the product can help me with what I have explained in the below link.

http://buddypress.org/community/groups/bp-album/forum/topic/giveing-only-specific-users-access-to-albumpictures/

The idea is to grant the access to a particular area of my website to only particular user group.

Kindly advice

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Aug 5th, 2012 at 12:01 am #21172
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Lavish,

s2Member’s BuddyPress integration works by restricting specific URIs. You can restrict a set of URI endpoints to a particular membership level. Please install the free version of the plugin and then visit Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› URI Access Restrictions for more details.

Posted: Sunday Aug 5th, 2012 at 1:46 am #21173
Lavish Dhand

Hello Raam,

Yes! I think it can work for me. Thanks a ton for the help! I request some more help please, I tried different urls and the following works..

/members/username1/album/

The problem with the above is I cannot set 5,000 restricted urls and also new members keep joining and they may have any names like:

/members/john/album
/members/mary/album/
/members/peter/album/
/members/paul/album/

What can I change the part ‘member-name’ to make it something like a wild-card. I tried

/members/*/album/

But the above does not work. Please advice.

Thank a VERY much :-)

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by  Lavish Dhand.
Posted: Sunday Aug 5th, 2012 at 1:58 am #21175
Lavish Dhand

Sorry! I found one more problem. After setting the uri even the profile owner cannot access their own album. To access their own album they have to navigate to /members/their-own-name/album and this access is necessary for them to add/remove and update their pictures.

So for the test when I set /members/username1/album/ restricted. username1 was found unable to access their own album.

Posted: Monday Aug 6th, 2012 at 8:56 am #21217
Lavish Dhand

Any Ideas?

Posted: Tuesday Aug 7th, 2012 at 7:20 am #21351

Hi Lavish.

Wildcards or replacement codes aren’t supported in the URI restriction yet. You’ll need to use a string that doesn’t have a variable in it. Did you try just [hilite mono]/album/[/hilite]?

About the user not being able to access the album, that’d depend on what level the user has and what level you restricted the URI at.

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.