latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Time to First Byte Causing Terrible Load Time

Home Forums Community Forum Time to First Byte Causing Terrible Load Time

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Apr 11th, 2013 at 4:04 pm #47224
Ganaxi
Username: ganaxi

Hi,

I am having very long load times for my website, and working with my host, we have isolated the cause to be s2Member. i.e., the load times are fine without s2 in 2-3 sec range, and with s2 15-20 sec.

Here is an example page,
http://www.gurufundpicks.com/indrptpurchase-basmatenergy

I would appreciate a prompt reply, and a possible solution. I like s2Member’s functionality, and have built my site around it, but the long load times (basically, s2 adds 15+ sec to the Time to First Byte – which should be in the 0.5 -1 sec range) are a big problem.

Thanks,

Ganaxi

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Apr 11th, 2013 at 10:20 pm #47259
Ganaxi
Username: ganaxi

An update.

I just made some changes so as to not put multiple authorize.net pro-forms on the same page. That has brought the TTFB to now 1.5-2 sec which is still high, but tolerable. Any ideas on best practices to reduce that even further? It seems most of that is from loading the CSS for the pro-forms.

Thanks,

Ganaxi

Posted: Friday Apr 12th, 2013 at 6:33 pm #47341
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue.

Any ideas on best practices to reduce that even further? It seems most of that is from loading the CSS for the pro-forms.

That’s very abnormal. s2Member’s CSS and JavaScript files are not very large at all. You could try selectively loading your CSS/JavaScript based on Jason’s reply here:

https://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/website-loading-slow-after-activating-pro-v/#post-41668

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.