latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Timeline on shopping cart integration.

Home Forums Community Forum Timeline on shopping cart integration.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Mar 21st, 2012 at 2:38 am #8699

Hi, I’m quoting on a job that requires a shopping cart thats behind authentication as part of purchasing items that are used online by the user.

S2member seems to have almost all the features I need with the major exception of known compatibility with an existing shopping cart system (preferably one that plugs in to wordpress).

Seartching the net I saw this listed as a @todo type thing.

Is there any time line on when more information is available on this. Most shopping carts seem to be giant sprawling pieces of software, making the logistics a bit hard to work out. I want to really know when this will be available, and what form it will take.

Thanks for your assistance.

Shayne.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Mar 21st, 2012 at 5:43 am #8709

Hi Shayne.

If you find a shopping cart that works within WordPress, then you can try protecting it with s2Member’s URI restriction.
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› URI Access Restrictions[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Wednesday Mar 21st, 2012 at 7:50 am #8717

That wasn’t what I was asking. I want to know about plans on integrating it. Having two separate user authentication systems in an app makes no sense at all.

Posted: Wednesday Mar 21st, 2012 at 10:23 am #8734
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Shayne,

We do intend to provide better shopping cart features in the next major version of s2Member, however we don’t have any details on what those features will look like. The next major version of s2Member is targeted for release within the next month or so.

Posted: Thursday Mar 22nd, 2012 at 5:21 am #8814

That wasn’t what I was asking. I want to know about plans on integrating it. Having two separate user authentication systems in an app makes no sense at all.

We will make it possible for s2Member to work better with other scripts, like a shopping cart, but that doesn’t mean that we plan to bridge the userbase between to separate scripts.

If you need to bridge a shopping cart with WordPress so you only have one authentication, then you’ll need to search their forums or Google. s2Member is a content access manager, it’s not a usebase bridge between WordPress and other scripts or a single sign-on solution.

So, if you use a shopping cart that is a WordPress plugin and works within WordPress, s2Member can be used to manage access to it using the URI restriction.

I hope that makes it clear now. :)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.