latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Tracking eCommerce via MailChimp

Home Forums Community Forum Tracking eCommerce via MailChimp

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Aug 20th, 2012 at 6:32 pm #22599
Skip Shean
Username: skipshean

Hey guys – no complaint, just a suggestion:

It would be great if you could track the ecommerce transactions that happen in S2 back to the mailchimp email campaigns that are sent out — take a look at the competitors doing this on this page: http://connect.mailchimp.com/category/ecommerce/

Would be great to see an S2 logo on that page sometime soon.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Aug 21st, 2012 at 8:06 am #22629

Hi Skip.

track the ecommerce transactions that happen in S2 back to the mailchimp email campaigns that are sent out

What do you mean exactly? I want to be sure I understand what you’re requesting. :)

If you mean have the user be moved between lists when he changes his Level, that is already possible. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / List Servers -› Automate Unsubscribes/Opt-Outs[/hilite]

Posted: Wednesday Aug 22nd, 2012 at 8:52 am #22743
Skip Shean
Username: skipshean

No, that’s not exactly what I mean :-)

What I’m referring to is the MAILCHIMP program for allowing shopping cart applications (and other membership management plugins) to track the event of an e-commerce transaction happening as a counted, analytics level event in their reporting.

Might be easier with an example — I use S2 to manage my site. I collect email addresses on that site. Then I use MailChimp (nicely integrated already with S2) to send a pitch to those prospect emails asking them to subscribe/buy/give me money.

With several other platforms, if the user clicks on that mailchimp-sent email pitch and buys the product, that is a trackable outcome **in mailchimp’s reports**. That’s the change request…

Does that help?

Skip

Posted: Thursday Aug 23rd, 2012 at 5:59 am #22817

Oh, okay. So something like giving the user new merge tags in MailChimp? Well, that’s not available yet, but I’ll forward the request to Jason.

If you wanted to hack this, you could probably do it. You’d need to use a hook that fires every time the user’s profile is modified, so you update the user in MailChimp. This may help: http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/registration-wont-update-mailchimp-merge-tags/

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.