latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Transfer s2Member tables except wp_users

Home Forums Community Forum Transfer s2Member tables except wp_users

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bob Kondek 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday May 10th, 2013 at 11:12 am #49693
Bob Kondek
Username: iambob

Hello,

First question: I would like to transfer all s2Member configurations from one site to another but NOT any of the users (i.e., wp_users) from the source site … which tables are the minimum necessary to export/import just the structure/settings?

Second question: any “watch out” tips when creating/accepting new users in the target site (like, is what I’m thinking of doing even advised?)?

Appreciate any advice!
Bob

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday May 11th, 2013 at 9:25 am #49737

Greetings Bob,

I’m curious to know why you need to perform a whole transfer, rather then simply rebuild the same settings in your new environment. This may be a matter of speed, but I always find it much better to build a checklist, and ensure that the system is built fresh, so I can recap how the system is built.

What you could do (if you have access to the Database) is simply export the whole thing, and then remove the users using a SQL Script?

I don’t have an example to hand, but you should be able to find a script suitable to your needs.

Warning: Always have a backup, stored in a secure and easily accessible place. Should anything go wrong, the last thing you want is extended maintenance, issues or even having to rebuild everything from scratch, when your timetable didn’t allow for it.

Posted: Sunday May 12th, 2013 at 9:28 pm #49799
Bob Kondek
Username: iambob

Thanks GWoL,

Yes, speed is the main objective in lieu of recreating what’s captured in my spreadsheet checklist, and …

… to grab only the s2 “pieces” of the live site for occasional injection into the sandbox site without changing anything else, or as little as possible (esp. wp_users of the sandbox), adding just the fresh, clean-as-live s2 representation. Then I feel comfortable to test/experiment more to see if there’s any negative effects on s2 et.al.

So, while the remove-by-script idea is good (not my forté, but understood), if there’s just 2 or 3 tables that I really need to grab and import for this purpose, I’d tend to go this route.

Possibly this is all a bit excessive for the occasional testing/infrequent experimenting, but that’s just how I roll (til I get wiser ;-).

Appreciate the feedback,
Bob

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.