latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Transient s2m orphaned options.

Home Forums Community Forum Transient s2m orphaned options.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Deyson Ortiz 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Sep 13th, 2012 at 1:44 pm #25199
Deyson Ortiz
Username: deyson

Hello, I am cleaning out my options tables and I have come across a whole bunch of wordpress _transient_s2m_ipn_### the ### are actually different long numbers for each one.

Is it Ok if I delete all these options that start with wordpress _transient_s2m_ipn_. Thank you :)

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Sep 13th, 2012 at 11:45 pm #25239
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Deyson,

I’ll check with the lead developer and see what he says. Thank you for your patience.

Posted: Friday Sep 14th, 2012 at 1:37 am #25259
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Deyson,

s2Member’s transient options are created through the WordPress function set_transient() in s2Member’s IPN/PDT functionality. As it’s name suggests this data lasts only for a short time; WordPress automatically deletes this data after a while.

If you’re running a live site, this transient data is very important, as it is vital for finding if transactional data has been processed before. When you see Not processing. Duplicate IPN within s2Member’s logs, this is because s2Member picks up that it has processed this transaction before because it is stored within transient data.

So, to answer your question, no. It would be unwise to delete transient data of any kind (especially s2Member’s IPN transient data), as it is important for the time that it is there, and when it’s not needed WordPress will delete the data automatically.

If you’d like to check out the source code that deals with transient data, you can look in the files within s2member/includes/classes/ that start with paypal-notify-in-. You can check it out within your WordPress setup or in the Codex.

Posted: Friday Sep 14th, 2012 at 7:23 am #25291
Deyson Ortiz
Username: deyson

Thank you very much! :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.