latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Trouble protecting blog page

Home Forums Community Forum Trouble protecting blog page

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jul 31st, 2012 at 10:51 pm #20859

Hello,

I cannot seem to protect this page on my site
http://achievewebsitemastery.com/blog

I’ve tried URI and Alternate view protection, but neither worked

Any thoughts?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Aug 1st, 2012 at 2:21 am #20880
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Derek,

Is that page a regular WordPress page, or is it a special page? By “special page” I mean have you selected that page as your WordPress “Posts Page” or your “Front Page” in WordPress -> Settings -> Reading? If so, you cannot easily restrict those pages.

Try creating a normal WordPress page and then restricting it. Does that work? If not, what happens?

Posted: Wednesday Aug 1st, 2012 at 11:18 am #20914

Yes, that’s exactly what it is.
We use Settings/Reading on all our sites, cause all our sites have a blog – it’s wordpress.

So you are saying S2member cannot protect a blog?

What are our options? All our sites have blogs – this is extremely important to us :(

Posted: Wednesday Aug 1st, 2012 at 11:40 am #20915

Can you recommend a plugin that will insert blog on a regular page?

Posted: Wednesday Aug 1st, 2012 at 11:56 am #20917

OK, problem solved with Blog-in-Blog plugin

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by  Derek Little.
Posted: Thursday Aug 2nd, 2012 at 1:35 am #20957
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Thank you for the update, Derek.

s2Member has many advanced PHP functions that can be used to protect content (see Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Advanced PHP Conditionals), so you could certainly create a WordPress Page Template that replicates the blog home page (listing the most recent blog posts) and then protect that page with s2Member.

It sounds like the Blog-in-Blog plugin does essentially the same thing, replicating the home-page functionality in a regular page.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.