latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Tsys/Vital Compliant

Home Forums Community Forum Tsys/Vital Compliant

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Dec 3rd, 2012 at 10:26 am #33307
Luke
Username: kerrylov

Hey guys. Got a weird question here – I finally got swapped back to S2Members because the bosses finally listened to me! Anyways to make a long story short we are using Merchante Solutions for our Bank and Auth.net for processing however I received a phone call this morning asking if this software was Tsys – formally known as Vital, compliant/compatible.

I don’t really know what that means other than it involves PCI compliance. I’ve searched the site here but can’t seem to find any reference to it. So if you guys could kindly respond I would very much appreciate it.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Dec 3rd, 2012 at 12:09 pm #33317
Eduan
Username: Eduan

I checked the wiki, and it tells us the following:

Total System Services, Inc. (commonly referred to as TSYS) is the largest processor of merchant acquirers and bank credit card issuers.

Could this be it? I haven’t heard of it before in these forums, or in the documentation. I will ask Jason for his thoughts. :)

– Eduan

Posted: Monday Dec 3rd, 2012 at 12:12 pm #33318
Luke

Yeah Eduan I believe that’s it. I’m not sure why they asked me if the “shopping cart system” was Tsys compliant but they wanted to know. I hope it’s just an overzealous salesman trying to get as much information as possible. But I figured if he asked I may need to know the answer.

I looked everywhere I could and couldn’t find anything – Jason would probably be one of the few that could answer this from what I’m seeing. ;-)

Thanks again Eduan.

Posted: Monday Dec 3rd, 2012 at 1:00 pm #33322
Eduan

No problem. :)

Posted: Wednesday Dec 5th, 2012 at 5:00 am #33526
Staff Member

From what I can tell, TSYS (formerly Vital), is a payment gateway. Never heard of this payment gateway before. I can tell you for certain that s2Member is NOT compatible with the TSYS payment gateway APIs.

Reference article: http://www.tsys.com/solutions_services/index.cfm

PCI compliance is something we take very seriously. I’m not aware of any PCI compliance issues with s2Member or with s2Member Pro. Particularly since s2Member Pro integrates with Authorize.Net’s ARB service, which puts all credit card and billing information on the Authorize.Net servers, and not within your WordPress installation.

That being said, it’s always a good idea to get a company to help you and your server (aside from s2Member itself), in good shape security wise, and to file regular PCI compliance reports. Many companies are using TrustGuard’s PCI compliance scanning and online service to assist them with this.

See: http://www.trust-guard.com/PCI-Compliance-s/65.htm

If you have any questions about the functionality of s2Member when you’re filling out your PCI compliance report, please feel free to post those here. We’ll be happy to help you answer questions about this.

Posted: Wednesday Dec 5th, 2012 at 9:08 am #33553
Luke

Jason thanks for your reply. Merchant Solutions has apparently bought out Tsys/Vital and we use them for manual processing/our bank and Auth.net for our CC processing online. I’m still not sure what the deal with it was – apparently they either looked you up and saw the Auth.net/Paypal items or they saw that you don’t store information locally, which I believe was it, but they gave us our VAR sheets and seal of approval yesterday.

Thanks for looking it up – I’ve only ever did business with Auth so when he asked about that it threw me for a loop! As far as my PCI compliance that’s already been taken care of with the other website I had developed, I still need to take care of it with this system but that isn’t an issue – thanks for the offer to help however. I don’t think I’m going out on a limb here to say this; but compared to the guys at some alternatives I’ve tried you guys are the very top notch in ever respect, especially on the support side.

Thanks Jason. (Thanks Eduan too!)

Now back to coding for me!

Posted: Wednesday Dec 5th, 2012 at 10:21 pm #33651
Eduan

No problem. :)

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.