latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Two questions and a suggestion

Home Forums Community Forum Two questions and a suggestion

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  ASU Service 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Apr 26th, 2012 at 2:48 pm #11982

Hi Folks,
I’m using the free version and am looking to upgrade to Pro but there is one hurdle. Before i go into that alow me to ask one basic question and make a suggestion …

SUGGESTION: Most Autoreponders have the option to send and email to subscribe. It would be nice if S2 could add something like that as well as the current API integrations. I have over 10 years experience in this and wouldn’t mind talking about this option if you’re interested. It pretty easy to do most of the time.

QUESTION ONE: I’m not 100% that S2 Pro will do what I need so I’m hesitant in buying the multi-site license until I’m sure. Is there an option to pay the difference in price at a later time?

HURDLE:
S2 Free edition uses a tiered access restriction format … I have coined the phrase “progressive tiered management” to describe how S2 handles thing. NOTE: I’m skipping leve0 for this but I understand it’s available as well

level1 – access to XXX
level2 – access to XXX and YYY
level3 – access to XXX, YYY, and ZZZ

My sales are not being handled via S2 and they involve three (at this time … more to come) items. This is handled in a sales funnel via oto’s, upsells, and/or down sells.

Clients may purchase in any combination … I.E.:

Some may buy XXX and nothing else
Some may buy XXX and YYY but not ZZZ
Some may buy XXX and ZZZ but not YYY
Some may buy all three

I have S2 free edition setup and working in all situations except “Some may buy XXX and ZZZ but not YYY”

Using S2 I have no way to handle that situation because if I set level3 to allow access to that item it allows access to XXX & YYY even tho’ YYY wasn’t paid for.

Myself and one other person who knows S2 better than I have tried to figure out a way to use S2 to handle everything but we struck out.

Will the Pro version do what i’m asking.

I hope I’m explaining clearly … don’t hesitate to ask for clarification.

Thanks in advance for your time

Best Regards,
Mike Allton
ASU Service

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Apr 26th, 2012 at 7:55 pm #12008
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Mike,

s2Member handles the scenario you describe using Custom Capabilities. Instead of using various levels, you’d use one level and then assign a specific Custom Capability to the user depending on what they purchased. If they purchase multiple items throughout the life of their account, each purchase would simply add a new Custom Capability, giving them access to that additional product.

The video below explains custom capabilities further:

<Embed Playlist>
Posted: Saturday Apr 28th, 2012 at 8:17 am #12147

Thanks so much Raam … I’ll give that a try.

Can anyone answer this question …
I’m not 100% that S2 Pro will do what I need so I’m hesitant in buying the multi-site license until I’m sure. Is there an option to pay the difference in price at a later time?

Posted: Monday Apr 30th, 2012 at 1:57 pm #12220
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Mike,

Using custom capabilities, you can address all of the scenarios that you described.

Once you upgrade to s2Member Pro, you’ll find an upgrade link on your account dashboard where you can pay the difference to upgrade to the Multi-Site License.

Posted: Monday May 7th, 2012 at 10:27 am #12795

Perfect … thank you Raam

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.