latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Two Significant Issues

Home Forums Community Forum Two Significant Issues

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Feb 19th, 2012 at 12:27 pm #5648
Jordan
Username: rakeshdutta58

Hi,

This is a repost of a community topic forum that Jason has responded to and asked me to move here.

The two significant issues we are experiencing are as follows:

1. The site periodically crashes and gives a timeout error. These error messages vary slightly, but
they all have the following header “Fatal Error: Maximum Execution Time of 30 Seconds Exceeded
in…(path)” Then it gives a list of what was executed immediately preceding the crash, and the
last item (or several items) is either “ws_plugin_s2member_pro_classes_scan_dirs_r” or
“include_once…classesgateways.inc.php” . The CPU gets pegged to 100%, the whole site crashes, and it takes half an hour or so to restart everything. I can post screenshots of the errors here if that
would be helpful. A couple important pieces of information about our site: the site runs in a WAMP
stack on a Windows server. Also, the site crashes when a lot of people login within a short period
of time (usually around 9:30 in the morning). By “a lot of people,” I mean it’s probably in the
range of 50 or so, though sometimes as much as 125, on the far end of the spectrum.

2. The second issue is that the EOT feature doesn’t seem to be working. When someone cancels payment in Paypal nothing happens on the site/in S2member — no demotion. One thing I have noticed is that some users get a paid subscriber ID, others do not. However, this does not seem to effect whether or not their account is disabled when payment is terminated.

Of these two, the first is definitely of greater concern as it renders the site completely inoperable and is costing us customers. Please let me know what other information I need to provide to fix these issues. Thanks for your help!

Jordan

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Feb 20th, 2012 at 4:14 pm #5719
Staff Member

Hi there. Thanks for your inquiry.

Hmm. This doesn’t really sound like it’s related specifically to s2Member. It actually sounds like there could be a plugin conflict, or perhaps even some extra files which were injected into your /wp-content/plugins/s2member/classes/ directory?

If these problems continue, please disable all other plugins, and revert to the default theme for WordPress. If you are still experiencing the same issues, we’ll be happy to run diagnostics on your installation. Please send us a Dashboard login to the site, via this private contact form: http://www.s2member.com/contact/

* There’s no way for me to be sure without seeing the site (and what other plugins/themes you’re running together with s2Member), but I would suspect both of these issues are related to a single underlying cause.

Posted: Monday Feb 20th, 2012 at 4:59 pm #5729
Jordan

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your reply and your patience. If you wouldn’t mind taking a look at the site, that would be greatly appreciated. Per your instructions, I have submitted an email with WP login credentials and FTP info. Please let me know if you require anything more.

Thanks again!

Jordan

Posted: Monday Feb 20th, 2012 at 11:01 pm #5798
Staff Member

Hi Jordan. Details received. Thank you.

Regarding the first issue. I was unable to reproduce this in my short visit to your site. If it happens again, I would start looking for the exact URL where the error occurred (do you have this?).

A timeout exceeding 30 seconds would indicate there is a slow PHP routine somewhere on your site. Once you know what the exact URL is, along with any query string variables, we can help you rule out s2Member, and perhaps find the offending plugin and get rid of that. Please see our Support Policy regarding other plugins though: s2Member® » Support Policy

On the second issue. I’m finding several entries in your s2Member log file indicating a failure on IPN event:

recurring_payment_suspended_due_to_max_failed_payment

I believe you are seeing a bug that exists in your current version of s2Member v111220.
Please upgrade to s2Member v120219 to resolve this.

Changelog Excerpt for v120213
(s2Member/s2Member Pro) Bug fix. Due to an issue that once existed in releases of s2Member prior to v110927, s2Member’s Auto EOT System was sometimes failing to succeed in cases where no IPN Signup Vars could be found (but only for Members who originally joined under a release of s2Member prior to v110927). s2Member v120213 resolves this elusive bug with a built-in workaround (i.e. a built-in default value in the code), specifically for this scenario.
Posted: Tuesday Feb 21st, 2012 at 8:53 am #5852
Jordan

Hi Jason,

Thank you for your response and for looking at the site. We will upgrade to the newest version to hopefully fix the Paypal issue.

Regarding the site crash, I am going to link to screenshots I have taken of the error message when it pops up. When the crash occurs, it brings down the entire site, so I can’t really pinpoint one URL — the following error pops up on every page. When it does happen it’s around 9:00 – 9:45 AM, when we have a bunch of simultaneous logins. Please let me know if there’s any other info I can provide

http://screencast.com/t/ryFFPZrE4AP

http://screencast.com/t/YWvv4wnPwKS

Thank you!

Jordan

Posted: Wednesday Feb 22nd, 2012 at 1:46 pm #5983
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Jordan,

I noticed from your screenshot that you seem to be running s2Member on a local WAMP installation. Have you read and followed the documentation in WP Admin -> s2Member -> General Options -> Localhost WAMP/MAMP Developers?

Posted: Wednesday Feb 22nd, 2012 at 4:33 pm #6016
Jordan

Hi Raam,

Thank you for your response. I have checked out that section, but what I see (if I am looking in the right place) is this:

“Once your site goes live, please remove the line. If you’re already on a live server connected to the web, please ignore this section.”

My site is live and fully public, but running in WAMP. So does those instructions still apply?

Thanks!

Jordan

Posted: Thursday Feb 23rd, 2012 at 12:40 am #6047
Staff Member

Hi Jordan. No, you can safely ignore that if it’s a “live” server.
We just normally see WAMP installations in a development environment.

Is there any way you can track down the actual URL that is loading? I can’t imagine what could be happening in that routine depicted in your screenshot. Very strange. Perhaps if we see the URL that’s being loaded from WordPress, it will shed light on this issue.

I see in one of your screenshots, that you’re also getting a timeout error from the WordPress database class object. Also very strange. It sounds like there could be a slow routine elsewhere, having an impact on routines that run in later phases (i.e. too much time taken up by one routine processed earlier, now not enough time to finish the others). If that’s the case, it’s likely NOT a huge issue, and probably something you can fix just by finding the offending plugin.

Again, a look at the actual URL that’s causing this may help.

Posted: Friday Feb 24th, 2012 at 11:38 am #6277
Jordan

Hi Jason,

Thanks for staying on this — I appreciate all the help. Yes, the WAMP setup is less than ideal and it is something I am hoping to move away from soon.

It is tough to pinpoint the exact URL, as the entire site crashes and starts showing this error. But, the three most likely culprits are the following:

http://bullsonwallstreet.com/bulls/trading-floor/
http://bullsonwallstreet.com/bulls/boom_chat/
http://bullsonwallstreet.com/bulls/wp-login.php

Here’s the way the vast majority of the traffic flows on the site in general, and around the time the site crashes in particular:

1. People login at the wp-login page.
2. They then navigate to the trading-floor page.
3. Keeping the trading floor page open, they then open the boom_chat, which pops up in it’s own window.
4. The vast majority of people logged in will keep both the trading floor page and boom chat page open whenever logged into the site.

Hopefully that helps. Again, I appreciate all the effort!

Jordan

Posted: Monday Feb 27th, 2012 at 10:17 pm #6622
Staff Member

Hi Jordan. Thanks for the follow-up.
So sorry, nothing jumping out at me yet. Please feel free to post further updates.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.