latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Unable to auto-configure Amazon® CloudFront D

Home Forums Community Forum Unable to auto-configure Amazon® CloudFront D

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Jul 27th, 2013 at 5:54 pm #54246

I’ve been unsuccessfully trying for weeks to set up Amazon® S3/CloudFront CDN Storage & Delivery. At first I was getting this message: Error 403: Unable to auto-configure Amazon. So I followed the instructions at http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/cloudfront-err-400-unable-to-del-existing/#post-15884

Now I am getting a new error: Unable to auto-configure Amazon® CloudFront Distributions.
Error code: 403. Error Message: Unable to create Amazon® CloudFront Origin Access Identity. Unable to create Amazon® CloudFront Origin Access Identity. Forbidden

I’ve tried searching for related links on the forum but came up empty. Any help you can lend would be appreciated.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Jul 28th, 2013 at 2:27 am #54268

Hi Randall. Please take a screenshot of your configuration in both of these panels for me.

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Download Options -› Amazon® S3/CDN Storage
Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Download Options -› Amazon® S3/CloudFront CDN Storage

It sounds to me like there is a misconfiguration somewhere in the CloudFront or S3 settings. Probably something simple. Did you have any trouble finding what s2Member was asking for there?

Posted: Sunday Jul 28th, 2013 at 5:43 pm #54307

I’ve been playing with this for hours and still am getting this error: Unable to auto-configure Amazon® CloudFront Distributions.
Error code: 403. Error Message: Unable to create Amazon® CloudFront Origin Access Identity. Unable to create Amazon® CloudFront Origin Access Identity. Forbidden

Seems like s3 is working fine. I have bucket setup and one file installed. I am also able to transfer files vial s3Fox Organizer. I have checked and double-checked all setting in s2member.

Posted: Sunday Jul 28th, 2013 at 11:35 pm #54317
Staff Member

I suggest that you submit a Dashboard login for s2Member support reps. They can usually find the underlying cause and get right back to you. Please reference this ticket and use: s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Monday Jul 29th, 2013 at 12:03 am #54321

~ AUTO-GENERATED NOTICE TO SUPPORT REPS

Action taken: I posted a private contact form and referenced this Topic.

Posted: Monday Jul 29th, 2013 at 12:35 am #54323
Staff Member

Thank you.

The underlying API call error is as follows.

OptInRequired
The AWS Access Key Id needs a subscription for the service

An inspection of your Amazon Console indicates the same error.

Solution

Please signup for Amazon CloudFront service. It appears that your AWS account is not yet subscribed to CloudFront, and therefore it is impossible for s2Member to integrate your WP installation with that service (yet).

See also: https://forums.aws.amazon.com/message.jspa?messageID=107972

Posted: Monday Jul 29th, 2013 at 10:53 am #54338

Jason…Thanks so much for your help. Seems like a simple solution but I’m still missing something. As instructed above I did subscribe to Cloudfront account. Then tried to activate this feature in s2member. Here is the error:

Unable to auto-configure Amazon® CloudFront Distributions.
Error code: 400. Error Message: Unable to create Amazon® CloudFront Origin Access Identity. Unable to create Amazon® CloudFront Origin Access Identity. Bad Request

I’m not sure what I’m missing. One question I have is that when installing the private key do I include the
—–BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY—–
and
—–END RSA PRIVATE KEY—– tags

I’ve tried it both ways and get the same error regardless.

Posted: Monday Jul 29th, 2013 at 11:47 am #54343
Staff Member

I’m not sure what I’m missing. One question I have is that when installing the private key do I include the
—–BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY—–
and
—–END RSA PRIVATE KEY—– tags

Yes, please include those tags also.

Here is the problem that is showing up in your log files now.

Posted: Monday Jul 29th, 2013 at 2:41 pm #54351

Jason…just wanted to let you know that all is working now. I just wanted to pass on something that I shared with my wife last night. As I prepare to initiate my first significant product launch (after several years of learning and experimenting with various product and website setups) it feels so great to have my site built on solid components like s2Member. You and your staff have been fantastic in helping me to resolve any issues that I had with my setup. I am confident, both in the system itself, and in the support that stands behind it. Thanks for going over the top. I appreciate it! Blessings, Randy Pipes – Life Development Services, LLC

PS – Feel free to edit this testimonial for your use if it helps.

Posted: Monday Jul 29th, 2013 at 3:59 pm #54352
Staff Member
You are VERY welcome Randy. That is such a nice review.
I will check w/ the rest of the team and see if we can get this on our testimonials page very soon.
~ Please let us know if you have any other questions.
Posted: Tuesday Jul 30th, 2013 at 2:34 am #54380
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member
Testimonial from Reply #54351 added here:

s2Member® » Testimonials

Thanks very much for the kudos! :-)

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.