latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Unable to download large files via s2member

Home Forums Community Forum Unable to download large files via s2member

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Dec 20th, 2012 at 9:18 am #35158
JAMES HALL
Username: jhall_3rd

**UPDATE: after rebuilding the site from scratch the issue has gone away. I wonder if anyone else has seen this though — it was a show-stopper.

I’ve discovered that all of my large content files (video) bigger than ~250MB simply do not download via s2member-files.

Have a look:

http://online.semantica-portuguese.com/?s2member_file_download=lesson-27-broadband-high.mp4

(login test/test)

** the file is tested and fine — i can FTP download it just fine, it downloads from any other dir.

The file will start to download — and then die after 244bytes (!).

Every single file larger than ~250MB do exactly the same thing.

I’ve been trying to resolve this for days — and discovered that everything is ok on a clean install of s2 on a different subdomain. My question is this: Is there anything at all that you think might be causing this? This is the second time i’ve had to reinstall S2 and rebuild the site and it’s very difficult to do — i am very worried that this issue will just come back after rebuilding everything.

• This topic was modified 4 years ago by  JAMES HALL.
  • This topic was modified 4 years ago by  JAMES HALL. Reason: large file downloads

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Dec 21st, 2012 at 7:49 am #35232

**UPDATE: after rebuilding the site from scratch the issue has gone away. I wonder if anyone else has seen this though — it was a show-stopper.

Thanks for the update. Glad you solved it. :)

For large files protected with s2Member, it’s recommended to use Amazon S3 instead of the s2member-files folder. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Download Options -› Amazon® S3/CDN Storage[/hilite]

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.