latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Unable to install S2memberpro

Home Forums Community Forum Unable to install S2memberpro

This topic contains 14 replies, has 5 voices. Last updated by  Leondras Jackson 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Feb 16th, 2012 at 8:59 am #5363

I am running version v120213 WP/s2Member®. I am using Paypal.

I tried following the FTP install instructions but I do not get the S2member Pro next to the version as I think I should indicating that the install was successful.

I tried re-installing the pro folder 3 or more times but nothing happened and I was expecting a file overwrite but that didn’t seem to occur either. Is there a file that I need to delete before I re-install again using ftp? What should I do?

Lee

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Feb 16th, 2012 at 11:43 pm #5435
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Leondras,

Are you uploading the s2Member Pro folder to the /plugins/ directory or the /plugins/s2member/ directory? The s2member-pro folder should go in the /plugins/ directory.

You may also want to try deactivating and reactivating the s2Member plugin in WordPress (be sure to enable Deactivation Safeguards before doing this so you don’t lose any of your settings: WP Admin -> s2Member -> General Options -> Deactivation Safeguards).

Posted: Sunday Feb 19th, 2012 at 5:35 pm #5664

Raam,

Thanks for the response Yes I tried everything you suggested i deactivated and reactivated but still S2memberpro did not install. Now, I am wondering if I should just deactivate and delete all s2member directories and then reinstall and reactivate and start all over again.

I am aware that I will lose my setting but so be it I’ll just do it and be done.

I’ll let you know if I have any problems after this maneuver. Thanks for your help

Lee

Posted: Sunday Feb 19th, 2012 at 9:31 pm #5668
Dan Wright
Username: ozgro

Hey, Lee

I’ve just installed both plugins, and was surprised that I couldn’t see a plugin for ‘pro’ underneath the free framework either – though if you look at your main s2Member plugin on the plugin page, you should see on the bottom line the version number + s2MemberPro version number – so it doesn’t show up as an extra plugin.

Hope this helps

Dan

Posted: Sunday Feb 19th, 2012 at 10:32 pm #5669

Hi Dan

I deactivated all of my plugins and re-installed again but still unsuccessful, I manually deleted all s2member files from the plugin directory and then reinstalled the s2member plugin and used ftp to upload s2member pro folder in the /plugins/ directory still s2 member pro failed to install.

I checked the main s2Member plugin area on the plugin page, but still no version number + s2MemberPro version number.

Thanks Dan. Any more suggestions?

Lee

Posted: Sunday Feb 19th, 2012 at 10:47 pm #5670
Dan Wright
Username: ozgro

Hi, Lee

Keeping in mind that I’m a fellow newbie like you, (therefore the support crew here will answer better than I) I’ll run through what I’ve done.

Firstly, I’m using WP 3.3.1

Same as yourself, I’ve uploaded the main plugin s2Member to my plugin directory *(I unzipped the plugin before upload)

Using the suggestion made by Raam earlier in this thread, I left the main plugin deactivated.

I then uploaded the s2Member-pro *(again unzipped) to my plugin directory. I then activated the s2Member plugin, and found the reference to the Pro version as stated above.

I hope this helps, though beyond these steps as I’ve described, it has been a straight forward process.

Best of luck

Dan

Posted: Monday Feb 20th, 2012 at 6:15 am #5682
Stuart Giles
Username: Juggy69

I has a similar issue and it was down to me being silly, i deleted the S2 Member framework thinking i only needed the S2 Pro plugin

If you want i can help you if you can provide me with admin access to your site, i understand re security so will understand i also wont charge you to sort it :-)

Regards

Stuart

Posted: Monday Feb 20th, 2012 at 7:26 am #5684

Hi Stuart,

Here is the login info for WP and ftp:

http://financeandhomeworkhelptutors.com/wp-admin/
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx

http://ftp.financeandhomeworkhelptutors.com
xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for your help

Lee

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  Jason (Lead Developer). Reason: Removed private FTP details
Posted: Monday Feb 20th, 2012 at 2:39 pm #5713
Stuart Giles

Hi Lee,

I can not access the FTP keeps giving me the “succes” apache page :-)

Cheers

Stuart

Posted: Monday Feb 20th, 2012 at 6:53 pm #5748

Stuart,

I just rechecked this information and it is correct
http://ftp.financeandhomeworkhelptutors.com
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am here now and I will wait for you …It should work for you
thanks for your help

Lee

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  Jason (Lead Developer). Reason: Removed private FTP details
Posted: Monday Feb 20th, 2012 at 7:02 pm #5754
Staff Member

I checked the main s2Member plugin area on the plugin page, but still no version number + s2MemberPro version number. Thanks Dan. Any more suggestions?

Please make sure you don’t have two /s2member-pro/s2member-pro/ sub-directories nested into each other. This can sometimes happen if you unzip things a certain way. You’ll hear me explain that in this video intro.

<Embed Playlist>

Posted: Tuesday Feb 21st, 2012 at 8:24 am #5851
Stuart Giles

Hi Lee,

I am in the UK so time is a major factor here ;-)

email me admin@je-network.co.uk all ftp details again

Cheers

Stuart

Posted: Tuesday Feb 21st, 2012 at 5:14 pm #5904
Stuart Giles

Please make sure you don’t have two /s2member-pro/s2member-pro/ sub-directories nested into each other. This can sometimes happen if you unzip things a certain way. You’ll hear me explain that in this video intro.

As Jason said above it is exactly what you did ;-)

Regards

Stuart

Posted: Tuesday Feb 21st, 2012 at 5:18 pm #5906
Stuart Giles

Hi Lee,

Also change your passwords ;-)

Cheers

Stuart

Posted: Tuesday Feb 21st, 2012 at 8:49 pm #5913

Hi Stuart,

Thanks a million. It’s working!! I’m a happy camper…yes I will change my password now

Thanks for what all of you guys did.

Lee

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.